O&M Site Manager / Groundwater Treatment System Operator
Groundwater & Environmental Services, Inc. (GES) is hiring a full time O&M Site Manager / Groundwater Treatment System Operator who will function as the treatment system operator for a 60 gallon per minute groundwater recovery and treatment system. The treatment system employs a number of treatment unit operations including equalization tanks; fluidized bed reactors; and ultraviolet oxidation.
- Operation of the groundwater treatment facility and pumping system including extraction wells, groundwater collection trenches and sumps.
- Perform preventative maintenance for all equipment and instrumentation to maintain 24/7 operation. Tasks include calibration of metering and monitoring equipment.
- Collect samples and perform basic field laboratory tests and routine analytical testing associated with day-to-day operation and optimization of the treatment process.
- Prepare required monthly field and office reports and maintain site logs/records.
- A Connecticut Class 2 Wastewater Treatment Operators license OR equivalent out of state certification, 3 years of experience operating within a biological wastewater treatment facility, and 30 CEUs is a major plus!
- A high school diploma or equivalent and 5+ years of experience in the operation of wastewater or groundwater treatment systems involving physical and chemical treatment, with strong mechanical/electrical aptitude.
- Must have computer skills and experience with MS Office suite.
- Ability to lift and carry 50 pounds and work under inclement weather conditions.
- Knowledge of automated control systems and Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition Systems (SCADA) is preferred.
- Completion of a 40-hour HAZWOPER OSHA training course and three days of supervised field experience.
Our comprehensive benefits include: medical, dental, vision, prescription card, 401k, FSA, LTD, STD, New Parent Leave, 529 CollegeBound Fund, Tuition Assistance, Bonus Plan, and more.
Groundwater & Environmental Services, Inc. (GES) believes that diversity and inclusion among our staff is critical to our success, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.
At GES, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law.