Oahu Distribution Manager – Operations Division
Position Description:(Exempt status)Reviewed:3/2020
Reports to:Distribution Manager
To coordinate the distribution, warehousing, material handling, system transactions and transportation services in support of the strategic plans, policies, goals and objectives of the company state-wide. Accomplishes these activities through direct management and development of personnel performing material handling, warehousing and delivery services.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversee the responsibility of inventory, warehouse operations, and distribution.
- Inventory relates to maintaining proper inventory levels outside of production shortages and proper inventory control via Inventory Manager. Minimization of shrink via loss or theft is crucial component.
- Warehouse operations include receiving, order fulfillment, location management, space allocation, and rotation of product. Timely, efficient, and accurate operations are areas of focus.
- Distribution includes logistics and transportation coordination of all outbound shipments. Maintaining route management of all accounts requiring deliveries, maintaining all documents relative to insuring thorough delivery practices while abiding all regulations and codes of conduct relative to safe delivery practices and reviewing delivery driver performance.
- Material handling includes proper physical handling to meet product storage and fulfillment requirements to insure products arrive at customers in quality condition.
- Participates in the formulation and administration of all safety programs throughout the warehousing and delivery services operations.
- Structures and schedules personnel and work shifts to optimize operations performance and eliminate unnecessary costs. Recommends manpower requirements in line with business conditions.
- Maintains an open communication channel with all organizations with the intention of minimizing costs and maximizing effectiveness. Maintains open two-way dialogue within the warehouse to optimize performance and maintain team continuity within the organization.
- Administers required formal structure, procedures and controls reporting to management in adherence to established policies and procedures. Emphasizes continual self-improvement as part of personnel and personal development.
- Regularly evaluates the results of direct subordinates and their personnel resulting in an annual performance review within each fiscal year. Ensures appropriate responsibilities and accountability are defined and understood.
Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organizations policies, management directives and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning, directing and reviewing work; appraising performance, recommending increases, addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactory. the requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
College degree with major in business preferred but not required. 7-10 years. related business experience including management of people in warehouse and distribution operations.
Ability to read, analyze and interpret common literature and business related facts. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies or members of the business community. Ability to write clear concise business communications for internal or external audiences. Ability to prepare, present and defend ideas orally or in writing to management, peers, subordinates and support groups.
Ability to analyze and interpret financial mathematics, cost accounting and performance related reports.
Must be organized and detailed and process oriented. Must have the capability to think broadly and at the detail level with the ability to act on decisions and execute at either level. Must be able to focus on projects and processes from conception to completion while managing numerous people, functions and processes simultaneously. Must be people oriented and sensitive to managing various levels of people who tend to be more task oriented. Must think critically and be able to handle severe emotional stress while retaining the ability to think on one’s feet.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret a variety of technical instructions in mathematical or other forms and to deal with concrete variables.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS:
Drivers license and license to operate various material handling equipment and forklifts. Commercial driver license would be a plus.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to walk and sit, stand taste and smell. The employee is required to frequently operate trucks, material handling equipment and lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities include close vision and color vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform in this environment.
The noise level in the environment is usually moderate to high. Constant walking between office and through the warehouse is essential to the functions of this position.
Salary, depends on experience