Clinica Sierra Vista is seeking a BC OB/GYN Physician to join the delivering call group in Bakersfield, CA!
Responsibilities / qualifications:
- Collect, record, and maintain patient information, such as medical histories, reports, and examination results.
- Treat diseases of female organs.
- Care for and treat women during prenatal, natal, and postnatal periods.
- Prescribe or administer therapy, medication, and other specialized medical care to treat or prevent illness, disease, or injury.
- Perform cesarean sections or other surgical procedures as needed to preserve patients' health and deliver babies safely.
- Analyze records, reports, test results, or examination information to diagnose medical condition of patient.
- Explain procedures and discuss test results or prescribed treatments with patients.
- Monitor patients' conditions and progress and reevaluate treatments as necessary.
- Advise patients and community members concerning diet, activity, hygiene, and disease prevention.
- Refer patient to medical specialist or other practitioner when necessary.
- Consult with or provide consulting services to other physicians.
- Plan, implement, or administer health programs in hospitals, businesses, or communities for prevention and treatment of injuries or illnesses.
- Provide government and organizational report on birth, death, and disease statistics, workforce evaluations, or the medical status of individuals.
- Conduct research to develop or test medications, treatments, or procedures to prevent of control disease or injury.
- BC for certification in Obstetrics and Gynecology.
- Licensed or eligible for licensure as an MD or DO in the State of California; have prescriptive authority and current DEA certification.
- Maintains appropriate medical records documentation in the EMR (EPIC and Cerner for Inpatient) on all patients in accordance with organizational policy. Consistently up to date on charting.
- Schedule will be four 8-hour shifts per week or three 10-hour shifts per week plus one 24 hour call shift per week, one weekend call shift per month.
- Base salary (Commensurate with experience).
- Health, Vision, and Dental Insurance for physician and family (begins on first day of employment).
- Retention Bonus of up to $150K, or Mortgage Subsidy.
- Exceptional paid CME benefits.
- Relocation reimbursement.
- Loan repayment through the NHSC.
- Malpractice coverage through the FTCA.