We are currently seeking a full-time dedicated staff member to serve as an OB Laborist at Miami Valley Hospital, Dayton, Ohio.
- 40 hours of on-site care and management.
- The OB Laborist will be on duty 40 hours per week, comprised of 12 hours shifts, 7pm to 7am and work as a team to provide continuous coverage.
- Guaranteed base salary with full benefits and bonus potential based on organizational quality metrics.
The role of the Laborist reflects the commitment of our organization to provide safe and high-quality care for our patients. Laborist will manage all inpatients and triage patients, including documentation by writing progress notes at appropriate time intervals. The Laborist will promote patient satisfaction, support a culture of safety and meet behavioral expectations to create an environment conducive to mutual respect and learning between the providers and staff. The Laborist must recognize the significance of being the “face of the obstetrical unit” for patients.
The Laborist is a critical part of our group of practices and oversees perinatal safety at the birth center. The Laborist will support all established obstetrical practices within PPN with the care of their inpatients. They may work in conjunction with the maternal fetal medicine service to evaluate and manage hospital transfers, assist with obstetric triage and provide back-up help as needed for midwifery practice as part of the PPN practices. The OB Laborist will be required to complete a rotational preceptorship on Labor and Delivery at Miami Valley Hospital where they will demonstrate proficiency in the core competencies.
- Will be acting attending on call during the designated timeframe.
- Will manage the patient completely including the OB admission, delivery- without the primary physician present and inpatients etc.
- Responds to all emergencies as appropriate including but not limited to performing cesareansections or other necessary procedures on another provider’s behalf including when the PPN attending provider is not available.
- Will see all OB triage patients including documentation and billing for PPN providers
- Will place a complete and accurate H&P on admission.
- Will obtain appropriate consent for the care and treatment of the patient.
- Will access, care for, and stabilize patients in the Emergency Department who require OB services.
- Will adhere to and support established clinical guidelines.
- Evaluates and/or manages admitted patients on the inpatient OB or GYN service.
- Manages postpartum floor issues, (I.e. fever, postpartum hemorrhage).
- Board-certified OB/GYN, preferably with experience in a busy obstetrical practice.
- Hold an Active Ohio Medical License in good standing upon effective date of employment
- Must align with our core values: Respect, Integrity, Compassion and Excellence