- RN license in good standing in the state of Indiana.
- NRP Certification
- CPR Certification
- Annual fire/safety training
- Annual PPD/Flu vaccine
- Corporate compliance
- Good knowledge of medical terminology.
- Use of correct terminology spelling and grammar in documentation.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- IV insertion and maintenance.
- Fetal and maternal monitoring.
- Analytical and problem solving skills.
- Basic nursing skills needed to function in labor, delivery, newborn nursery and post-partum.
- Urinary catheter insertion and removal
- Graduation from an accredited school of nursing.
- Prefer 1 year experience in labor, delivery, newborn nursery and post-partum
AGE SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES:
Demonstrates knowledge, skills, and behaviors appropriate to the populations (s) served, and based on specific criteria and/or age specific considerations, as follows:
- Ability to assess and interpret age specific data.
- Possess skills and knowledge to perform treatments and administer medications for neonate, adolescent and adult in OB unit.
- Demonstrates age specific communication skills in dealing with patients, family and visitors.
- Knowledge of growth and development.