Fidelity TalentSource is hiring a Senior Software Engineer - OBIEE/ETL Developer at Fidelity Investments in Westlake, TX!
Fidelity's Workplace Investing Reporting and Analytics chapter is seeking a Senior Software Engineer to play a key role in facilitating the development of key Data & Reporting capabilities across a growing portfolio. A senior software engineer participates in all phases of a project lifecycle, but is more actively involved in the design and development of the technology solution. The role demands significant collaboration with members of various business and IT groups throughout the lifecycle of a typical project. Our engineering team is innovative, diverse, passionate and self-driven. We work in a very dynamic agile environment.
Top 3 skills:
1. Strong OBI skillset.
3.Strong communication skills and a Team player
4. Experience with API's would be a nice to have
The Workplace Investing (WI) technology team is seeking highly motivated, passionate Senior Software Engineer with solid understanding of programming fundamentals and software design as well as strong hands-on experience in OBIEE and Informatica Power Center (ETL) tools. In this role you will build and maintain software features for our Reporting and Analytics Platform. As a scrum team member, you will be part of a dynamic team with an opportunity to partner closely with the business and technology teams and will be a key enabler in creation/adoption of the technology. You are encouraged to quickly gain an understanding of all the components of our platform to be able to lead initiatives related to the improvement, maintenance, and support of the platform.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Engineering
- 6+ years of development experience (currently hands on) in Oracle Business intelligence tool (OBIEE) and /BIP, Informatica and PLSQL.
- Strong in Oracle database Concepts.
- Strong working experience on RPD across the layers.
- Solid understanding on Analytics, Answers and Dashboard
- Knowledge of building data model and working on various templates in BI Publisher
- Admin knowledge on OBI is an added advantage
- Hands-on Development in SQL / PL SQL which includes performance tuning, writing packages, stored procedures, Materialized, views etc..
- Should have some exposure to Data modeling so that he/she can contribute in terms of redesigning of database objects, especially during performance issues.
- Hands-on Development experience in Informatica PowerCenter is mandatory.
- Exposure to UNIX Environment and scripting is preferred
- Knowledge of Tableau and Power BI is a plus.
- Writing SQL queries and debugging stored procedures within an Oracle environment.
- Leadership: Phenomenal teammate, self-starter, innovative, eager to learn every day.
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Creative, energetic, aggressive hands-on professional who enjoys the challenge of change.
- Timely development and delivery of the Database & Reporting components based on the requirements.
- Recommending and following the best engineering practices.
- Actively participate in release planning, daily stand up as well as helping team with tactical activities like code review, design optimization etc.
- Assist in identification, isolation, resolution, and communication of problems within the production and nonproduction environment and perform troubleshooting.
- Perform code reviews, unit testing, integration testing, performance testing.
- Facilitate release implementations.
- Provide mentorship to junior team members.
- Contribute to continuous process improvement initiatives.
The Value You Deliver
- Understand the leadership vision and execute on that vision.
- Help strengthen further the culture of innovation by setting examples
- Find creative ways to get things done, and do them right
- Develop a culture of outstanding software engineering practices
- Exercise a passion for keeping your knowledge up-to-date with the latest and greatest
- Help maintain the high level of integrity in the team
- Take ownership and accountability for determining what needs to be done
How Your Work Impacts the Organization
Our ever-evolving technology stack ensures a phenomenal learning culture in the team. We are always exploring new technologies and new ways to continually provide value to our customers. This team has a direct and positive impact on Fidelity’s customers.
Fidelity TalentSource, formerly Veritude, is the in-house temporary staffing provider for Fidelity Investments, one of the largest and most diversified global financial services firms in the industry. We recruit individuals from a variety of backgrounds, including technology and customer service, to fill assignments across Fidelity’s U.S.-based regional and investor center locations. If you would like to experience Fidelity’s diverse and inclusive workplace while expanding your skill set and developing your professional network, consider a role with Fidelity TalentSource. For information about working at Fidelity TalentSource, visit FTSJobs.com.
Information about Fidelity Investments
At Fidelity, we are focused on making our financial expertise broadly accessible and effective in helping people live the lives they want. We are a privately held company that places a high degree of value in creating and nurturing a work environment that attracts the best talent and reflects our commitment to our associates. We are proud of our diverse and inclusive workplace where we respect and value our associates for their unique perspectives and experiences. For information about working at Fidelity, visit FidelityCareers.com.
Fidelity Investments and Fidelity TalentSource are equal opportunity employers.