Location Name: Wilmington, CA
Job/Requisition ID: 54564
Location Address: 2101 E. Pacific Coast Highway, Wilmington, CA, United States (US), 90744
Education Level: Bachelor's Required
Relevant Experience Level: Mid Career (4-10 Years)
Employee Group: Regular - Full Time
Employee Subgroup: Salaried Exempt
Marathon Petroleum is seeking an Occupational Health Nurse to administer, organize, coordinate and provide Occupational Health and Case Management Services to employees. This is done within the boundaries of the State Nurse Practice Act and Company policies, guidelines and protocols.
This position will be providing services to Marathon Petroleum employees and contractors as directed.
- Provide emergency care, evaluation and follow up for occupational illness and injuries and provide health consultation, first aid, immunizations, and referrals for non-occupational issues as well as overall management of operations of the clinic.
- Provides after-hours consultation for case management of employee and contractor medical care as a result of injury
- Manage absences, incidents and issues related to FMLA, Sick Leave, Transitional Duty, and Work Injuries/Illnesses with a focus on early return to work and prompt issue resolution from a medical perspective.
- Act as the Wellness Champion to lead site wellness initiatives and targeted wellness programs
- Conduct occupational health surveillance testing (hearing conservation, health surveillance, respirator clearance and fit testing, etc.), as appropriate and with physician oversight as needed.
- Coordinate and/or perform medical testing for new hires and other health assessments as needed including drug and alcohol testing, medical surveillance, fitness for duty, and DOT exams.
- Maintain medical and surveillance records as required by Company and/or regulatory agencies, including documentation in the electronic medical records.
- Provide backup case management or clinical duties for other medical staff within MPC
- Conduct business in a service-oriented manner that is professional, attentive, cooperative, sensitive, respectful and compassionate when dealing with patients, visitors, colleagues, and the public
- Assist in supervising medical staff as directed by PA.
- Perform other duties, as assigned.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
- Must be a licensed RN in California prior to start date
- Minimum of 5 year’ experience in an occupational health setting preferred
- Certification in Occupational Health Nursing (COHN/COHN-S) or working towards certification preferred
- Certifications in First Aid, CPR/AED, CAOHC, Drug Collections and Breath Alcohol Testing, Spirometry, and ACLS preferred
- Familiar with state and federal requirements related to practice including OSHA, DOT, ADA, HIPAA, FMLA, and Workers’ Compensation
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Able to prioritize, multi-task, and be flexible
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to speak clearly and effectively in a variety of settings
- Effective communication and interaction with employees, patients, providers, and other colleagues
- Ability to use tact and diplomacy appropriate to the situation
- Ability to maintain effective work relationships with all levels of colleagues
- Excellent customer service skills
About Marathon Petroleum Corporation
Marathon Petroleum Corporation (NYSE: MPC) is a large-scale geographically-diversified and highly -integrated refining, marketing and midstream company. MPC is the nation's largest refiner, with a crude oil refining capacity of more than 3 million barrels per calendar day in its 16-refinery system. MPC's high-quality, nationwide retail and marketing business includes approximately 3,900 company-owned and -operated stores and 7,800 branded locations. MPC owns the general partners of MPLX LP and Andeavor Logistics LP, two strong, customer-focused midstream master limited partnerships.
Marathon Petroleum Company LP is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, mental or physical disability, medical condition or AIDS/HIV status, ancestry, national origin, genetic information, military, veteran status, marital status, citizenship or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. If you would like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant, click here.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process at Marathon Petroleum LP, please contact our Human Resources Department at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please specify the reasonable accommodation you are requesting, along with the job posting number in which you may be interested. A Human Resources representative will review your request and contact you to discuss a reasonable accommodation.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Veteran / Disability
Marathon Petroleum Company LP participates in the E-Verify program in some states in which it operates (including AL, AZ, GA, MS, NC, SC, TN, and UT). For more information before proceeding, please see details in English or Spanish. Right to Work Statement English or Spanish.