Location: Mt. Sterling, IL Department: Human Resources Reports To: Occupational Trainer Manager
Your Role: Develops, implements, tracks, and measures occupational health programs as a proactive approach to injury prevention and employee wellness to support reductions in related costs.
- Conducts pain consults and safe work observations with current employees.
- Educates employees on work postures, body mechanics, strength and conditioning, and other activities that will reduce the risk of injury.
- Performs physical ability testing on post job-offer applicants.
- Creates educational materials to support our injury prevention and healthy lifestyle strategies.
- Provides wellness training and services at driver meetings.
- Provides telephonic injury management support to the distribution centers.
- Responds to after hour calls for assistance with employee injuries.
- Applies lean thinking and tools to identify and eliminate waste in all areas of the position.
- Schedule – Will include up to 2 evening shifts per week and rare weekend hours.
- Travel – Occasional overnight travel (3-5 times per year) to company locations or to attend seminars and
meetings to develop professional expertise. Must have ability to travel independently as needed, without
restriction by all modes of transportation, including car, plane, or train.
We Need You To Have:
- Bachelor’s degree in exercise science, kinesiology, or athletic training.
- Ability to resolve complex problems and make independent decisions.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills.
- Strong knowledge in Microsoft Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, and Word.
We’d Like You To Have:
- Ability to interact well with employees in all work areas and locations.
- Strong personal motivation toward personal learning.
What Can Dot Offer You?
As a family-owned and -operated company since 1960, Dot Foods has created a strong family culture within the business. As a vital part of that family unit, we want to ensure you feel included and respected for any differing ideas. We appreciate those opinions and count on them to make us successful. In addition to an inclusive working environment, we will provide you with:
- A friendly working environment
- Highly competitive compensation and benefits package
- Significant advancement opportunities
Safety: This position assumes responsibility for the workplace safety of self and co-workers, and for the safety conditions of the work locations, exercise and promotes safe behaviors and show unyielding support of programs, rules and policies regarding safety.
EOE/AA Employer: Dot believes all persons are entitled to equal employment opportunities. Dot will not discriminate against its employees or applicants for employment because of sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status or other basic classes protected by applicable federal or state law provided they are qualified for employment or for existing positions.