Provides occupational therapy evaluation and treatment services to children age 0-21 years as prescribed by a physician.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & BASIC DUTIES
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Evaluates children using appropriate testing protocols, tools, etc. to follow funding guidelines for each particular child.
- Completes audit form to be turned in with each evaluation.
- Creates appropriate goals/objectives to be turned in with each evaluation.
- Schedules children onto caseload by contacting the parent/guardian.
- Provides therapy services to children based on the recommended number of units from evaluations and prescriptions.
- Provides therapy services in a variety of settings including home, daycare, schools, outpatient clinic, community, etc.
- Provides documentation of all therapy services by locking and electronically signing weekly progress notes.
- Updates and turns in efficiency reports weekly.
- Updates schedule on the server.
- Enters scheduled evaluations on the server.
- Provides administration with updated credentials as needed.
- Ensures that non-treatment time is reported to and approved by administration per policy. Enters all non-treatment time into deTASO.
- Completes additional paperwork requirements in an accurate and timely manner as notified by administration. These requirements include, but are not limited to:
- Annual re-evaluations
- Six-month progress notes
- Discharge Summaries
- Early Intervention paperwork (if needed)
- Is available to provide occupational therapy services and other related duties (meetings, conferences, etc.) during the days and hours stipulated in the employment agreement.
- Is available to children and families to ensure continuity of care and proper management of treatment.
- Collaborates with administration and other disciplines to ensure quality services for children and families.
- Participates in annual performance reviews for professional development and growth.
- Provides feedback to administration regarding ways to enhance continued improvement of the company.
- Responds positively to feedback concerning job performance.
- Participates in Multidisciplinary conferences as needed.
- Demonstrates continued growth in therapeutic skills through learning, knowledge and application.
- Communicates any needs or concerns with administration.
- Upholds and incorporates the core values, vision, mission and philosophy of Pediatrics Plus into all job responsibilities.
- Displays an understanding of the leadership and management style of Pediatrics Plus.
- May perform other related and non-related duties, as assigned.
Child and Family Centered Focus:
- Demonstrates a commitment to children and families.
- Manages difficult or emotional situations.
- Responds promptly to children's and families' needs.
- Solicits child/parent feedback to improve care.
- Responds to requests for service and assistance.
- Follows instructions, responds to management direction.
- Takes responsibility for own actions.
- Keeps commitments.
- Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Incorporates leadership principles taught by center.
- Develops personal leadership skills.
- Fosters quality focus in others, improves processes, products and services.
- Follows policies and procedures.
- Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time.
- Supports organization's goals and values.
- Benefits organization through outside activities.
- Approaches others in a tactful manner.
- Reacts well under pressure.
- Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position.
- Accepts responsibility for own actions.
- Follows through on commitments.
- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Looks for ways to improve and promote quality.
- Applies feedback to improve performance.
- Monitors own work to ensure quality.
Safety & Security:
- Observes safety and security procedures
- Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines.
- Reports potentially unsafe conditions.
- Uses equipment and materials properly.
- Balances team and individual responsibilities.
- Exhibits objectivity and openness to other's views.
- Gives and welcomes feedback.
- Contributes to building a positive team spirit.
- Puts success of team above own interests.
- Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives.
- Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
- Current, unrestricted occupational therapist license as approved by the employee's state licensing board
- Current NBCOT certification
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally with a wide variety of people.
- Must be able to work with children birth to age 21 and their families.
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Basic computer skills which includes a working knowledge of database, word processing, spreadsheet, and Internet software.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a very busy environment.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, policies, and other company documents. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of families or employees of organization.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to maintain regular and punctual attendance. Ability to complete tasks in a timely manner.
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to talk or hear. The employee is regularly required to walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to stand and stoop, twist, bend, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. The employee is required to maintain regular and punctual attendance. The employee is required to complete tasks in a timely manner.