About This Center
Brighton Place West in Topeka, KS is a 50-bed center offering skilled a variety of individualized, health care services for our patients and residents. We are seeking a qualified and committed team member to join our efforts in providing quality care in all aspects of the patient journey. Please consider the following team member opportunity and apply today!
An occupational therapist assistant (OTA) works under the supervision of a licensed occupational therapist to assist with a patient's treatment program in accordance with federal guidelines and state practice acts.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Conducts resident screens (without interpretation) as allowed by state practice act.
- Helps residents with rehabilitative activities and exercises outlined in a treatment plan developed in collaboration with an occupational therapist.
- Monitors an individual's activities to make sure they are performed correctly and to provide encouragement.
- Records resident's progress for use by the occupational therapist.
- May assist in scheduling appointments, answering the telephone, restocking or ordering depleted supplies, and filling out insurance forms or other paperwork.
- Provides training to residents, caregivers and families according to the resident's care plan.
- Completes required forms and documents in accordance with company policy and state and/or federal regulations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Associates Degree from a AOTA accredited program.
- Licensed COTA if required by state law.
Physical Demands & Environment
Shift work may be required. Employee is frequently required to stand, walk, use hands or fingers, reach with hands and arms, feel, see, talk and hear. Employee is occasionally exposed to blood or other body fluids, fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals. In compliance with applicable law, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.