Mercy San Juan Medical Center, a Dignity Health member, is a nationally recognized not-for-profit hospital located in Carmichael, California, serving the areas of north Sacramento County and south Placer County. The 370-bed facility is one of the region’s largest and most comprehensive medical centers, caring for more than 150,000 people each year and contains the only Comprehensive Stroke Center in the greater Sacramento region.
- The incumbent demonstrates competency in occupational therapy for pediatric, adult, and geriatric patients as applicable for the site/level of care of employment. the incumbent provides patient assessment, develops and implements individual patient treatment programs, provides therapeutic interventions utilizing current and effective methodologies, and maintains effective documentation.
- Previous experience as an occupational therapist is preferred and the incumbent is required to exhibit the following knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- This position requires graduation from an accredited school of Occupational Therapy and certification or eligibility for certification by the National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapy, Inc.
- California License, or eligibility, to practice Occupational Therapy.
- CA License, or eligibility, to practice Occupational Therapy
- AHA BLS
- Current occupational therapy techniques, standards, principles, and procedures.
- Human anatomy and physiology with emphasis on musculoskeletal, circulatory, and nervous systems
- Medical terminology.
- Proper body mechanics.
- Infection control procedures.
- Assess patient condition based upon sound pathophysiological principles.
- Develop and implement appropriate patient treatment plan
- Complete and maintain records of Occupational Therapy observations, treatments, and actions.
- Plan and organize work effectively and efficiently.
- Develop and maintain a cooperative working relationship with physicians, nursing staff, and other hospital personnel.
- Maintain the confidentiality of medical information.
- Fully meet the obligations of the Mission and Philosophy of Mercy San Juan Hospital.
- Flexibility to work within a changing health care environment.
- Interact in a professional and courteous manner with all persons on the hospital campus at all times.