Currently seeking a Per Diem Occupational Therapist for a Skilled Nursing facility in Delano, CA! Flexible schedule!
Therapy Specialists currently has a wonderful Per Diem Occupational Therapist opportunity at Delano District Skilled Nursing Facility, which located just North of Bakersfield and South of Porterville in Delano, CA. Delano District Skilled Nursing Facility is a 141-bed facility that provides a caring environment for short-term and long-term care needs. Our supportive leadership team and multi-disciplinary rehab team is passionate about helping patients achieve their goals and return to life's activities that are most meaningful to them.
- An active Occupational Therapist License in California
- A minimum of 6 months of recent experience working in Skilled Nursing is preferred, but New Graduates with applicable clinical experience are welcome to apply
- Casamba EMR experience is preferred
- PDPM Knowledge is preferred
- Ability to treat the following diagnoses: joint replacements, traumatic, general deconditioning, musculoskeletal injuries, stroke, neurologic issues, cardiovascular issues, cognitive issues and medically complex patients, etc.
- Ability to train and supervise 1-2 COTAs at a given time
- Spanish-speaking bilingual skills are preferred
Position Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Screening, evaluating, and providing treatment to patients in skilled nursing
- Providing caregiver and family training, as needed
- Communicating with other disciplines, nursing, and staff, as needed
- Completing thorough documentation and managing paperwork efficiently with independence
- Supervising COTAs and effectively communicating with COTAs and the interdisciplinary team regarding goals and outcomes based on plan of care
- Providing excellent customer service and patient care
Why Therapy Specialists?
Founded in 1976 by Susan J. Harris, OTR, a nationally respected pioneer in rehab services and recipient of the 2018 OTAC Lifetime Achievement Award, Therapy Specialists is San Diego's largest independent therapy provider - providing comprehensive rehabilitation programs and consulting services to skilled nursing facilities, independent and assisted living communities, memory care facilities, adult day health, and outpatient settings throughout California.
We deliver our associates a culture of collaboration, support, opportunity and recognition, so they can reach their potential and deliver the best possible care to our patients and partners. We are looking for a professional, enthusiastic, and skilled Occupational Therapist who is interested in collaborating with a multi-disciplinary team of therapists and providing outstanding patient care.
- Highly competitive compensation package
- 401(k) plan
- State-of-the-art equipment
- 5-Time Award Recipient of "Best Places to Work"
- Monthly awards for associates in recognition of their efforts in going 'above and beyond'
- Unparalleled reputation for best practices that meet today's healthcare challenges
Therapy Specialists supports and values the uniqueness of all individuals and promotes a work environment where diversity is embraced. Therapy Specialists is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action / Disability / Vets Employer.