HCA is dedicated to the growth and development of our colleagues. We will provide you the tools and resources you need to succeed in our organization. We are currently looking for an ambitious Occupational Therapist to help us reach our goals. Unlock your potential here!
We are seeking an Occupational Therapist for our center to ensure that we continue to provide all patients with high quality, efficient care. We are an amazing team that works hard to support each other and are seeking a phenomenal addition like you who feels patient care is as meaningful as we do. We want you to apply now!
Occupational Therapists treat injured, ill, or disabled patients through the therapeutic use of everyday activities. They help these patients develop, recover, improve, as well as maintain the skills needed for daily living and working. OT Staff functioning in this role will participate in direct patient care, staff & program development, and professional initiatives. Responsibilities include:
- Your role demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care for assigned patients: Each service area may require specialized skills and/or serve specific age categories, which may include pediatric, adolescent, adult and geriatric patients.
- You will review patients’ medical history, ask the patients questions, and observe them doing tasks, while evaluating a patient’s condition and needs
- Your role will develop a treatment plan for patients, identifying specific goals and the types of activities that will be used to help the patient work toward those goals
- You will demonstrate exercises—for example, stretching the joints for arthritis relief—that can help relieve pain in people with chronic conditions
- Your role evaluates a patient’s home or workplace and, on the basis of the patient’s health needs, identify potential improvements, such as labeling kitchen cabinets for an older person with poor memory
- You will recommend special equipment, such as wheelchairs and eating aids, and instruct patients on how to use that equipment
- Graduate of an American Occupational Therapy Association accredited school with bachelors, masters or doctorate degree in Occupational Therapy
- Maintains current registration with the National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapy
- Maintains active Occupational Therapy Certification in the State of Colorado
- Maintains current certification in BLS for HealthCare Providers (in accordance with American Heart Association guidelines)
- Successful completion of student clinical rotation or work experience in at least one of the following settings:
- acute care hospital, long-term acute care facility, skilled nursing facility, and/or acute rehabilitation setting.
Rose Medical Center, a well-known as a Denver institution and a 9th Avenue landmark for 60 years, Rose Medical Center has earned a reputation as Denver's "Baby Hospital" while becoming a leader in comprehensive women's services, internal medicine, endoscopy, heart and vascular care, orthopedics and total joint replacement, bariatric surgery, sports medicine and aesthetic surgery. Rose is an acute care hospital with 422 licensed beds, 1,150 employees, 150 volunteers, and 1,500 affiliated physicians.
With origins in Jewish teachings, traditions and community, Rose's founders built the hospital to "serve the need of every creed." By offering a high level of expertise and service across all disciplines, Rose has truly become a destination hospital, attracting patients from throughout Colorado and around the world. Rose Medical Center, a HealthONE hospital, has been recognized as a Magnet® designated hospital, a rare achievement that distinguishes organization like Rose the meet rigorous standards for nursing excellence. Our Staff at Rose take great pride in hiring the best people to provide care for our patients and families.
If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply. We promptly review all applications. If you are highly qualified you will hear from one of our managers. We are actively interviewing so apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.