As one of the fastest growing healthcare providers in Missouri, Haven Healthcare offers a fast-paced, exciting, and supportive environment. We promote teamwork, nurture learning, and encourage advancement for all of our employees. We want to see you excel, because your success is our success. We have a great reputation as an employer and a very fun working environment. Come build a stronger future with Haven!
We are currently seeking a PRN Occupational Therapist (OT) to join our growing Joplin team!
The OT provides skilled therapy services to clients in their homes to promote the client’s plan of care. These services are performed in accordance with the physicians’ orders and in collaboration with other Haven Home Health therapists, nurses, and clinicians.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Makes the initial evaluation visit in cases where the physician has ordered occupational therapy services only.
- Conducts comprehensive OASIS initial assessments including functional, emotional, and mental needs.
- Determines eligibility for services related to homebound status and need for skilled services.
- Develops and implements an individualized plan of care related to OT in consultation with the client’s physician and other agency personnel as appropriate.
- Regularly re-evaluates the client’s OT needs and revises the plan of care as necessary.
- Provides direct OT care procedures to clients.
- Furnishes services requiring substantial and specialized OT skill.
- Initiates appropriate preventive and rehabilitative OT procedures.
- Teaches clients, family members, and/or significant others health care self-management skills, accurately assess clients’ functional, physical, and emotional status, and preforms services in compliance with physician orders.
- Counsels the client and family in meeting OT and related needs.
- Prepares clinical and progress notes, coordinates services, informs primary physician of changes in the client’s condition and needs when necessary.
- Manages and supervises COTA performance in implementing OT services.
- Participates in clinical outcomes monitoring, follow up, and agency performance improvement initiatives.
Preferred Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Current Missouri Occupational Therapy license in good standing.
- Minimum of one year experience as an OT within the last three years.
- Home health experience in the past year is preferred.
- Previous OASIS experience.
- Excellent communication skills with multidisciplinary team of clinicians, clerical staff, and management
- Flexibility in work schedule to accommodate client needs, including new admissions.
- Strong clinical judgment, assessment, communication, and leadership skills.
- Proficient in computer skills and technology to complete documentation of clinical record.
- Must have dependable transportation and current driver’s license.
- May work weekends and holidays as needed.
Haven Home Health, LLC are an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with federal and state employment opportunity laws, qualified applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, protected genetic information, sex, parental status, national origin, creed, religion, age, sexual orientation, disability, or Veteran status.