Occupational Therapist PRN
AdventHealth Fish Memorial
Location Address: 1055 Saxon Boulevard Orange City, Florida 32763
Top Reasons To Work At AdventHealth Fish Memorial
Employer of Choice in Central Florida
Great Organization to work for.
Career growth and advancement potential
PRN / Per Diem
You Will Be Responsible For:
- Responsible for direct and indirect clinical services in the occupational therapy in/outpatient areas
- Attempts initial evaluation of newly assigned inpatients within 24 hours, or documents the reason for the inability to do so in the medical record. Uses appropriate procedures, documents the data using accepted abbreviations, set measurable goals and formulates an individualized plan of care per policy
- Completes documentation of inpatient evaluations and treatments on the date of service. (Outpatients documentation within one week)
- Provides patient/family education and HEP’s for carryover of treatment into the home environment as observed by documentation.
- Provides age appropriate evaluation and intervention techniques to the population served. Completes annual age specific competencies specific to scope of care.
- Participates in the student affiliation program for Occupational Therapy (therapists and assistants) providing administrative and clinical supervision for same
- Participates in ongoing reviews of occupational therapy and rehab policies and procedures (available on the ARC), making recommendations to update as appropriate
- Attends mandatory quarterly staff meetings, or meets with area supervisor or Director before next scheduled work day
- Must be proficient in computer use, comfortable with the EMR, and if responsible for OP evaluations, use of dictation systems
- Bachelors of Science in Occupational Therapy
- Current professional license in state of Florida
- Current BLS
- Clinical Specialty certification (preferred)
Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all. Provides direct and indirect Occupational Therapy services to inpatients and outpatients in the pediatric (1 year old and older), adolescent, adult, and geriatric populations. Employee is responsible to adhere to the Florida Hospital Fish Memorial Corporate Compliance plan, to the rules and regulations of all local, state and federal agencies and to the standards of all accrediting bodies.