Central Carolina Hospital
Summary: Responsible for outpatient and inpatient evaluations, assessments, plans of care and ongoing Occupational therapy treatments as prescribed by a licensed physician. Administer treatment plan of care in an effort to restore function and prevent disability following injury, disease or physical disability. The therapist must document, in a timely manner, all patient related information and ensure that patients are charged correctly per departmental and insurance carrier guidelines. The staff therapist participates in departmental operational activities such as the budget, clinical quality, clinical education, infection control, departmental safety and team building programs.
1. Performs all Occupational therapy duties in the inpatient and outpatient setting.
2. Fabricates and utilizes appropriate splints and OT ADL equipment.
3. Performs Occupational therapy assessments on all indicated patients. Included are geriatric, adult, adolescent and pediatric patient populations.
4. Implements all aspects of patient care in a way that optimizes patient safety and minimizes risk of medical error.
5. Demonstrates knowledge and competence in physical therapy modalities.
6. Treats all patients and customers with respect and dignity.
7. Modifies and progresses plans of care to maximize recovery.
8. Provides occupational therapy recommendations to physicians as needed.
9. Critiques all occupational therapy interventions performed for quality, safety and effect.
10. Assesses patient pain and its role in interference with maximal function and potential.
11. Coordinates patient care to ensure patient’s needs are met and hospital and departmental policies are followed.
12. Formulates correct documentation in the medical record for treatment rendered the effects, justification for ongoing treatment and the resulting charges.
13. Shares knowledge and advice with co-workers, colleagues and students.
14. Learn and apply new information on methods of treatment, equipment, pathologies, etc. on an on-going basis.
Bachelor’s degree is required
Master's degree is preferred
Doctoral degree is preferred
North Carolina Board of Occupational Therapy is required
CPR is required
JobPlease select a valid job field
Work Schedule Day shift, 7-10 hr/shift, weekdays only