OCCUPATIONAL THERAPY ASSISTANT
JOB CATEGORY: CHILDREN'S DEVELOPMENTAL SERVICES / SUPPORTIVE LIVING
POSITION SUMMARY: This position implements occupational therapy programs and provides occupational therapy treatments to patients to facilitate increased independence and functioning, under the clinical supervision of a licensed Occupational Therapist.
• Graduate of an accredited Occupational Therapy Assistant Program according to AOTA & ACOTE standards.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
• License to practice as an Occupational Therapy Assistant in New Mexico. Must have by date of hire and maintain current throughout employment.
• Have or be able to obtain First Aid and BLS/CPR certifications within 30 days of hire. Certifications must meet the requirements listed in the document “BLS / CPR / ACLS & First Aid Training Resources” posted on Staurolite. It is your responsibility to keep your certifications current at all times.
This position requires successful completion of an initial post-offer of employment:
• According to PMS Human Resources Policy 205.006, “Healthcare Personnel Testing & Immunization Requirements,” this position must comply with required testing and immunizations. Testing and immunizations including TB, Hepatitis B (consent or waiver), Tdap, MMR, and Varicella, will be available at the employee’s PMS health center. Influenza vaccines will be required according to dates set by the CDC and NMDOH.
• Criminal Records Check.
• May be required to use personal transportation to carry out job duties.
• Must possess and maintain a valid Driver's License.
• Must provide a current motor vehicle record.
• Must provide current personal owner liability automobile insurance and must maintain the insurance coverage throughout the course of employment in this position.
• Must submit to a motor vehicle record check on an as needed basis and maintain a satisfactory driving record that is within the limitations of PMS Human Resources Policy II.D.3, Automobile Usage, and applicable state and federal laws.
• Must comply with PMS Policies on Automobile Usage, II.D.3, Drug Free Workplace, III.H and applicable state and federal laws.
• May be required to complete transportation related trainings.