Provide Occupational Therapy and related services for patients under the direction of a licensed Occupational Therapist (OT) while maintaining positive levels of interaction with facilities and clients in accordance with the principles and practices of occupational therapy and within Reliant Rehabilitation guidelines. Provide quality patient care including: ongoing treatment per a plan of care, supervision of Rehab Techs (where required), and case management responsibilities. Maintain professional conduct that represents Reliant Rehabilitation’s commitment to quality and service in all interactions with clients, including positive levels of interaction and rapport with facilities and clients. Adhere to all state and federal regulations regarding occupational therapy.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Under the direction of the licensed occupational therapist, optimize the functional abilities and skills of patients.
- Build a strong occupational therapy assistant program.
- Enhance clinical expertise, professional and management skills through interaction with managers, therapists and other professional staff, self-study, and other continuing education activities.
- Maintain valid state license. Maintain awareness of issues related to the profession of occupational therapy and the health care environment.
- Understands various relevant payment models related to billing and treatment guidelines, as well as clinically appropriate means/modes of delivery. Provide quality care as well as reasonable goals and outcomes within the guidelines.
- Be compliant with infection control procedures and environmental safety protocol within a facility.
- Ability to read, write, speak, and comprehend in English: instructions, correspondence, charts, memos, and reports
- Graduate of an ACOTE accredited school of occupational therapy.
- Computer literate and proficient in clinical documentation
- Basic Internet navigation skills
Certificates and Licenses:
- Valid Occupational Therapist Assistant state license
See job description
*complete job description available upon request