Do you consider yourself an inspiring leader in cyber-physical systems?
If so, we are looking for someone like you to join our team at APL.
- You will work to advance new and emerging exploitation techniques into state of the art proof-of-concept capabilities against cyber-physical systems.
- You will assist teams of reverse engineers and exploit developers in their research and development of creative system exploitation concepts and mitigation solutions.
- You will hack devices, systems, and their components to gain an understanding of how they work, their security features, and any inherent vulnerabilities.
- You will develop novel cyber demonstrations to show the possibilities of potential offensive cyber effects and /or defensive cyber mitigations.
- You will experiment, automate, apply data science analytics to develop groundbreaking tools and techniques.
- You will communicate your knowledge with peers, working groups, research partners, and customers through talks, papers, and optional conference presentations.
You meet our minimum qualifications for the job if you...
- Have a current TS/SCI with polygraph security clearance.
- Have a Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer engineering, electrical engineering, or a related technical field.
- Have 4+ years of professional experience in the domain.
- Are technically skilled in using reverse engineering tools, hardware and software debuggers, and developing embedded systems.
- Understand the internals of any major OS.
- Have experience reading or writing assembly.
- Are proficient in C/C++ and at least one scripting language.
- Understand exploit development techniques.
You'll go above and beyond our minimum requirements if you...
- Have a Master's degree in computer science, computer engineering, or electrical engineering.
- Have 7+ years of related professional experience and prior experience working with government agencies.
- Are highly skilled in performing vulnerability research with responsible disclosures.
Why work at APL?
The Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory (APL) brings world-class expertise to our nation’s most critical defense, security, space and science challenges. With a wide selection of challenging, impactful work and a robust education assistance program, APL promotes a culture of life-long learning. Our employees enjoy generous benefits and healthy work/life balance. APL’s campus is located in the Baltimore-Washington metro area. Learn more about our career opportunities at www.jhuapl.edu/careers.
APL is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
#LI-BM1 #APL-JA1 #17991