Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices California Properties, award winner of the Real Estate Agency Brand of the year in the 26th annual Harris Poll EquiTrend Study and a leader in the real estate industry, is currently looking for an Office Administrator for our Commercial Division. The Office Administrator provides administrative support to the Commercial Division Vice President and sales associates, oversees and performs office operation duties, recruits and trains staff, interprets and enforces company policy and provides customer service.
- Direct and coordinate the administrative activities in support of the commercial real estate division.
- Oversee, maintain and perform the day-to-day sales office operations, including: payment of bills, answering phones, record keeping, invoicing, marketing, filing, assisting sales/branch manager, tracking expenses, greeting clients, building and equipment maintenance and maintenance of office supply and marketing material inventories.
- Oversee the processing and verifying of new listings and sales, which may include entering the listings and sales into the system.
- Ensure the accuracy and timely preparation of purchase agreements, record and maintain all sold records, and prepare monthly reports.
- Calculate advertising, proof and submit ads for local newspapers.
- Distribute work to the office staff.
- May handle correspondence, mail and support appointment setting.
- Provide support to the sales associates which may include, processing license applications for new, renewing and transferring sales associates, ensuring all paperwork is completed and processed in a timely manner, conducting orientation for new sales associates, assisting sales associates with billings, advertising, paperwork and training.
- Remain available and act as the first point of contact for sales associates.
- Act as liaison between staff, managers, and sales associates.
- Coordinate special events, collateral material, flyers, handouts and brochures.
- Provide telecommunication support, including notice of phone number changes, coordinate long distance codes with long distance carrier as needed; assign voice mail and DID numbers for new agents; maintain voice mail computer system adding and deleting agents as required.
- Perform any additional responsibilities as requested or assigned.
Required Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration or related field; or equivalent work experience and knowledge.
- Three to five years of related experience and demonstrated supervisory skills.
- Knowledge of real estate, title and /or mortgage business strongly preferred.
- Strong computer skills; proficient in Microsoft Office products, including Word, Excel, Publisher and Access.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Effective interpersonal skills and leadership abilities. A strong customer-service focus.
- Effective analytical, problem-solving and decision-making skills; initiative, attention to detail, and a team player.
- Project management skills; ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks and projects concurrently.
- Ability to handle stress and work under pressure.
- Flexibility; ability to work evenings and weekends.
Actual wage is based upon education and experience.
Benefits package includes: Medical/Dental/Vision/Life Insurance, EAP, 401K with employer match, Flexible Spending Account, PTO.
San Diego, CA 92130See job description