Responsible for assisting the Management and Chef teams in a variety of projects including but not limited to: data entry, filing, taking reservations, menu creation, basic cleaning duties and assisting hosts at the front door. Work alongside both front and back of the house staff and management teams to provide a great dining experience to restaurant guests, while maintaining a professional attitude and work environment.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Must maintain a professional and welcoming attitude while at work.
- Maintain a presence when needed at the host stand.
- Assist with host job duties, and perform all related tasks accordingly.
- May be cross-trained at other positions as best fit abilities and location needs.
- Accurate creation of banquet menus using notes from Event Coordinators placed in Open Table system. Printing and delivery of these menus to appropriate rooms.
- Enter of invoices into Restaurant Magic program with oversight/continual training from General Manager.
- Scan, copy and file of all necessary invoices as directed by General Manager and Executive Chef.
- General paperwork execution including daily sales and labor items, new hire paperwork with oversight from General Manager, grading of training quizzes, homeworks, etc.
- Inventory and ordering of office supplies and paper goods.
- Assist with answering of phones, creation of reservations and directing calls to appropriate personnel as necessary.
- Assist host team during busy shifts/seasons.
- Must be able to multi task, and execute projects in an efficient manner.
- Complete opening, running and closing side work related to job duties: cleaning, stocking, filing, etc.
- Servsafe or similar Food Handler’s Certificate may be required depending upon store location.
- TABC certification may be required depending on location.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Word.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Excel.
- Experience with Open Table Reservation system preferred but not required.
- Experience with data entry with regards to invoices, etc. preferred but not required.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Previous Perry’s Restaurant experience preferred but not required.
- Previous office environment experience preferred but not required.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with guests/employees both in person and via phone.
- Must complete host training with 90% or higher on all tests.
- Must sign confidentiality agreement agreeing not to share any privileged information with other staff members, competitors, etc.
- Professional maturity: The ability to separate emotional feelings from the real issues at hand. The ability to legitimately and objectively challenge the substance of our beliefs and biases of our observations.
- Responsibility: The ability to meet commitments made to yourself and others, keeping the promises you make, and acknowledging and accepting the choices you have made, the actions you have taken, and the results they have led to.
- Communication: The ability to write and speak effectively using appropriate convention based on the situation; actively listen to others, ask questions to verify understanding, and use tact and consideration when delivering feedback to others.
- Computer Savvy: The knowledge and ability to use computers and technology efficiently and effectively.
- Sales Savvy: The ability to influence the customer to purchase more expensive items, upgrades, or other add-ons in an attempt to make a more profitable sale.
- Customer Service: The ability to demonstrate a series of activities designed to enhance the level of customer satisfaction.
- Teamwork: Look for ways to assist managers and other staff members to ensure guests are provided the best service according to Perry’s Restaurants standards.
- Must be able to stand for extended durations (4-8 hour shifts).
- Ability to occasionally lift up to 50 pounds without issue.