Position Title: Office Assistant
Reports to: Controller
Location: Corp Office - Wamego, KS
FLSA Classification: Non-Exempt
Employee Status: Full Time, Permanent
The Office Assistant provides administrative support for the Corporate location at KanEquip. This position will provide assistance for all Administrative and Accounting teams.
Job Responsibilities (ranked in significance):
- Company Values: Ensures all company values are adhered to and promoted. This would include leading by example and participation in employee recognition programs.
- Customer Greetings / Phones: Ensure all walk in customers are greeted professionally and that all phone calls are answered and handled by the store in a professional, timely manner. Help ensure any customer satisfaction issues are resolved by the appropriate personnel.
- General Administrative Support: Assists departments with filing as needed. Orders / maintains office supply inventory. Copy Jobs; printing and binding. Make travel arrangements.
- Assist in Accounts Receivable: Assists with customer statements, scanning and filing exemptions and customer file maintenance
- Assist in Accounts Payable: Assists the Accounts Payable department by matching up invoices to statements, Visa statements, data entry, prepare vendor checks for mail and filing.
- Mail Room:sort incoming mail, mail runs, prepare outgoing mail, maintain clean and orderly mail room.
- Communications: Ensures good communication within location, and with other locations / employees.
- High school degree. Some college experience desirable.
- Retail experience, clerical / administrative experience highly preferred. Experience with agricultural equipment is desired.
- Excellent retail sales and customer relationship skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with individuals at all levels of the organization
- Expertise with computer systems, including MS office and internet-based applications
- Ability to work occasional extended hours during the week and for weekend coverage.
Acceptable Motor Vehicle status, with current driver’s license, and ability to operate motor