Position Title: Office Assistant
Department: Facilities Maintenance
FLSA Status: Hourly
Submissions without completed application WILL NOT be considered.
Standard of Christian Commitment
The divine mission of the Seminary mandates that all personnel must demonstrate a commitment to the purposes of the Seminary. Every employee shall be an active member of a local church of believers in Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior. It is expected that conduct becoming a follower of Jesus Christ will be portrayed in the community.
Responsible for data entry, assisting with general office duties, and escorting contractors into campus properties.
Essential Job Functions / Responsibilities
- Sees that labor is entered and completed work orders are closed in a timely manner.
- Answers the telephone with a friendly and helpful tone.
- Assists with general office duties.
- Services as a backup in the absence of the Dispatcher/Call-Taker.
- Escorts contactors into campus properties to perform contracted maintenance.
- Performs special assignments as given by the supervisor or seminary administration.
Skills / Requirements
- Must be familiar with Microsoft Office products and the internet.
- Naturally exhibit a servant�s heart with a positive and encouraging attitude.
- Must have good communication skills and able to relate well to people.
- Must enjoy interacting with a diverse group of people from all backgrounds and age groups.
- Exhibit a humble and patient attitude in order to identify callers needs and offer assistance to solve problems.
- Possess a strong work ethic and initiative.
- Ability to multi-task, pays attention to detail, and be a team player.
Qualifications / Education:
- Experience in Microsoft Office Word and Excel and the ability to learn vendor systems.
- Successful completion of background check.
- Reports to the Facilities Maintenance Office Manager.
- Will be making decisions as to whom to assign urgent maintenance requests.
Exposure to Confidential Information
- Visual acuity to use a computer.
- Must be able to stand or sit for prolonged periods of time.
- Must be able to climb steps and walk long distances in the heat of the summer and cold of the winter.
- Must be able to carry up to 40 pounds of parts and equipment.
- Must be able to perform occasional overhead reaching, bending, stooping, twisting, and kneeling.