Phlebotomist Job Responsibilities
· Collect specimens using appropriate collection procedures.
· Dispose of blood or other bio hazard fluids in accordance with applicable laws, standards, or policies.
· Dispose of contaminated sharps, in accordance with applicable laws, standards, and policies.
· Document route of specimens from remote collection sites
· Draw blood from arteries, using arterial collection techniques.
· Draw blood from veins by vacuum tube, syringe, or butterfly methods.
· Maintains specimen integrity by using aseptic technique, following department procedures; process and aloquot specimen as needed; observing isolation procedures.
· Match laboratory requisition forms to specimen tubes.
· Organize or clean blood-drawing trays, ensuring that all instruments are sterile and all needles, syringes, or related items are of first-time use.
· Maintain assigned work area in a clean and safe condition.
· Accurately enter information into the facility lab information system.
· Maintains quality results by following procedures and testing schedule; recording results in the quality-control log; identifying and reporting needed changes.
· Responsible for following proper safety and emergency policies and procedures as set forth by SML.
· Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
· Applicants preferably a Certified Phlebotomist Technician (not required)
· 2+ years of relevant work experience
· Excellent customer service skills and phone etiquette required
· Must be able to multi-task and handle requests and inquiries with little direction
· Must have valid driver’s license
· Must have safe dependable vehicle
· Organized, attention to detail takes initiative, willing to learn and proactive
** Office Assistant portion of the position job description:
- Handling incoming calls and other communications.
- Managing filing system.
- Recording information as needed.
- Greeting couriers
- Updating paperwork, maintaining documents and word processing.
- Helping organize and maintain office common areas.
- Performing general office clerk duties and errands.
- Answering questions and giving lab results to facilities.
- Coordinating stats as necessary.
- Maintaining supply inventory.
- Maintaining office equipment as needed.
- Aiding with client reception as needed.
- Creating, maintaining, and entering information into databases.
Office Assistant Requirements:
- High school diploma or associate’s degree.
- Experience as an office assistant or in related field.
- Ability to write clearly and help with word processing when necessary.
- Warm personality with strong communication skills.
- Ability to work well under limited supervision.
- Great communication skills.
- Have a valid driver license.
- Ability to pass background check and drug test.