Our mission at OmniSci (formerly MapD) is to make analytics instant, powerful, and effortless for everyone. As the pioneer in GPU-accelerated analytics, we have redefined the limits of speed and scale in big data querying and visualization. OmniSci started as a radical idea at Harvard and MIT. Now, our platform is transforming the way enterprises and governments make decisions by allowing them to rapidly identify insights in data beyond the limits of mainstream analytics tools.
Since launching our product in 2016, OmniSci has been recognized as a Gartner Cool Vendor, a Top Ten Coolest Big Data Startups by CRN, and is experiencing explosive growth in users and customers. The company is backed by leading VCs and strategic investors, including NEA, Nvidia, GV (Google), In-Q-Tel, Tiger Global Management, Verizon Ventures and Vanedge Capital.
OmniSci is seeking an extraordinary Office Assistant who will support the Operations Manager, and the OmniSci team in general. This position requires a tech-savvy self-starter with experience in an assistant role within a dynamic high tech environment. You will assist with general office help such as stocking snacks and drinks for the team, setting up and monitoring food prep for daily catered lunches and bi-weekly Happy Hours, reception and receiving and greeting guests, meeting set up and room preparation, general office cleanup and other relevant office duties as necessary.
Our office is located in downtown San Francisco, and this position will report directly to the Operations Manager. This position requires you to be in our SF HQ and is not a remote opportunity. This will also be an individual contributor role and will not be managing other people.
- Serve as the main gatekeeper for the coming & going of office guests, vendors, and deliveries.
- Maintain the cleanliness of general office areas (storage closet, kitchen break room, meeting spaces/conference rooms, and reception/lobby areas).
- Manage all incoming and outgoing mail/postage/shipping needs including dropping off packages to Fedex, UPS & or USPS.
- Ensure office snacks/drinks/supplies are regularly stocked; ability to maintain an efficient system for storage and replenishment.
- Manage weekly lunch set up and break down.
- Assist Operations Manager with planning and executing all recreational activities (i.e. happy hours, birthdays, holiday parties, and other company events).
- Perform general office administrative duties and errands.
- Must be able to consistently lift 20 - 30 lbs.
- Minimum of 1-year administrative or office assistant experience preferred
- Experience with G-Suite, Slack, Microsoft Office and Zoom
- Energetic professional who thrives on a day filled with a steady stream of activity
- Reliable and responsible, able to deliver consistently day after day
- Multi-tasker that enjoys wearing multiple hats and having a wide variety of tasks to juggle
- Flexible - in terms of responsibilities and responsiveness with a “can-do” attitude
- Strong communication and coordination skills
- Self-reliant, resourceful, and able to work independently with little supervision
- Excellent service mindset to all employees and guests
- Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail
- Able to adapt to change and prioritize accordingly
- Experience working for a high-growth company or start-up is a plus
- Enthusiasm about OmniSci’s mission and values (Technological Leadership, Ownership, Humility, Be Different, and Day One Attitude)
OmniSci is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.