Caliber Home Loans, Inc. is one of the nation's fastest-growing mortgage lenders. We didn't move into the fast lane because of clever marketing campaigns or flashy television ads -- our talented employees worked hard to help us rise to the top of our industry.
Here at Caliber, we've replaced the stereotypical corporate culture with a casual "dress for your day" work atmosphere that promotes creativity and a collaborative environment that allows our team members to thrive.
Role: The Office Clerk is responsible for various functions including but not limited to; document recording and opening title orders. The Office Clerk will work in a "paperless" office and thrive in an environment where flexibility is part of the culture and the pace is fast.
Office Clerk: Responsibilities and Duties:
The primary functions of this position are opening title orders, and the timely recording of real estate title documents for residential real estate transactions. The Office Clerk will be expected to timely and accurately execute the following tasks:
* Monitor Email for incoming title order requests. Accurately enter all new order information in production system and initiate the title search.
* Proofread all documents submitted for recording for accuracy, completeness, compliance with technical and legal requirements and accept or reject documents accordingly.
* Read, comprehend and implement information contained in technical memos together with other information affecting title commitments, title policies and recording practices.
* Provide guidance to escrow and title unit on document requirements.
* Communicate with county recorder offices to resolve document issues.
* Finalize recordings through electronic recording software and with hand carry vendor.
* Oversee document tracking and report status of documents on a regular basis.
* Perform other duties as may be required or requested by the manager.
Preferred Qualifications/Requirements: Ideal Candidate will have the following:
* High School Diploma or equivalent required. Bachelor's degree preferred.
* 2 years of office experience, preferably in an Escrow, Title or Law office.
* Must have a demonstrated attention to detail.
* Experience with MS Office including Word and basic Excel is required.
* Excellent written and verbal skills to effectively communicate and present at all levels, both internally and externally.
* Ability to manage multiple priorities and effectively prioritize and execute in a fast-paced environment.
* High level of demonstrated customer service, and time management skills.
* Ability to read and interpret documents such as underwriting guideline matrix, lender's instructions, trust agreements and preliminary title reports/commitments.
* Exposure to Title Insurance on a National Basis, preferred but not required.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled