The Office Clerk positions serve as one of the first points of contact in the daily operations of port facility within a global supply chain. This position works alongside and reports directly to the Office Manager to coordinate shipping and receiving needs in our warehouses. In conjunction with other administrative staff and the management team, the Office Clerk works to increase efficiency and maintain accuracy within our logistics processes.
- Perform general office duties including filing, communications, data entry, etc.
- Communicate with and distribute information to various departments and customers
- Maintain and evaluate rates of performance for company processes and labor force
- Input and track incoming and outgoing order inventories and availability
- Coordinate logistic processes between outside customers and internal staff
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Strong organization skills and high level of attention to detail
- Positive demeanor, and ability to cope with fast-paced environment
- Customer service experience preferred
- Must be able to obtain Transportation Workers Identification Credentials (TWIC)
Work Environment & Physical Demands
This position is in a general office setting and does require the ability to occasionally lift office products and supplies, up to 20 pounds.