Position: Office Coordinator, Finger Lakes Regional Adult Education
Division: Education and Interactive Services
Reports To: Director, Finger Lakes Regional Adult Education Network (RAEN)
Classification: Full-Time, Non-Exempt
Hours: 8:00am – 5:00pm
Note: This position is grant funded from October 2019-September 2024 and contingent on future funding grants past the end date.
- Assist Director in coordinating trainings/workshops details and project workflow per requirements of NY State Education Department. Plan corresponding time frames and processes for implementation with Director.
- Maintain online and local databases and records of participants, agencies, desginated trainers, training locations, and entry into NYS Education Department statewide databases, calendars and tools. etc. Create reports from databases.
- Communicate updates to the Director on projects and event progress and follow-ups on assigned tasks on a regular basis.
- Facilitate communication between NYS Education Department designated Adult Education Network and participating agencies through website postings, email and phone contacts. Regularly deal with confidential information.
- Excellent customer service in taking phone calls and email and referring appropriately as directed and providing follow-up.
- Schedule and facilitate arrangements for trainings/meetings; including reserving facilities and arranging hospitality contracts, announcing trainings through email, website, and EventBrite to eligible agencies, coordinating and assisting participants with online registration, invoicing participants/agencies, taking and transcribing meeting minutes, and processing payments, sign-in sheets and evaluation forms.
- Provide customer service and arrangements with designated trainers. Prepare materials for training such as: make copies, prepare folders, and organize necessary materials and equipment for specific trainings. Send reminders, assist with logistics, details and follow-up.
- Forwarding reminders and tracking agency responses and coordinator’s follow-up in a spreadsheet for NYS Education Department deadlines for activities such as: statewide orders, reporting deadlines, updates on agency program progress, registration for required workshops/meetings.
- Post updates for RAEN website using an online form.
- Attend workshops and meetings to supervise registration and facilitation of event details for the trainer, including some early morning, evening and weekend events, as needed. Take notes and report out on workshops and meetings.
- Request and/or provide technical assistance for implementation and maintenance of computer programs, workshop technology such as speaker phone, projector, videoconferencing, internet and other media services. Set up and back up tablets and laptops for trainings.
- Collect workshop documents and evaluations, input into databases and file in RAEN print and e-version systems for Director, trainers and NYS Education Department.
- Organize and Maintain file system for RAEN Office, conduct supply inventory; and order supplies.
- Prepare purchase orders in INTACCT accounting software. Monitor budgets and track billing as auditable files. Track and assist in required fiscal reporting by the deadline.
- Assist Director in the email correspondence, training postings/registrations and website updates and monthly and annual reports to WXXI and New York State Education Department.
- Collaborate with relevant WXXI departments, to maintain and enhance the RAEN’s services such as information technology, finance and facilities set-up.
- Participate in appropriate station events. Other divisional duties, as assigned.
EDUCATIONAL & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
Required: Associate degree or equivalent and a minimum of two years office experience, preferably in an educational or customer service environment.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
Strong work ethic, ability to work with a team and excellent organizational skills required. Excellent communication skills and customer service in assisting designated agencies, trainers and vendors. Initiative, and problem-solving to ensure successful training events and efficient office operations. Neat, accurate and precise in detail work to share in reports. Strong computer, proofreading and writing skills. Full proficiency in MS Word, MS Excel, MS Publisher, PowerPoint and use of the Internet to search for information. Use of Google Docs a plus. Basic form based website update, and maintenance required. Ability to deal effectively with the customers, and to determine and manage a variety of tasks and report back on progress. Database input-management and experience with tracking budgets and billing. Enterprising, energetic, enthusiastic, flexible and willing to undertake new challenges. Ability to shift priorities quickly when needed and finish event planning tasks well in advance. Prior experience with event coordination a plus. Valid NYS Driver’s License required.
PROBLEM SOLVING: Perform duties to assist the RAEN & Education & Interactive Services team which requires coordinating, prioritizing, working independently and meeting deadlines.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Ability to operate office equipment such as computer, fax, laptops, projector/interactive smart board and copy machines, and coordinate mailings. Ability to lift 30 lbs.
WXXI is an equal opportunity employer committed to excellence through diversity and inclusion. (EOE)
TO APPLY: Qualified applicants may submit their cover letter, and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to: WXXI HR Dept., P.O. Box 30021, Rochester, NY 14603-3021.