Office Coordinator (Washington, DC, U.S.A.)
At Nutrien, our Purpose is to grow our world from the ground up and we do so with safety and integrity as our core values. Nothing is more important than sending our people home safe, every day.
Nutrien is a leading provider of agricultural products, services, and solutions. With approximately 20,000 employees world-wide, we are the largest producer of potash (by capacity) and one of the world’s largest producers of nitrogen and phosphate. We also operate a leading agriculture retail network that services over 500,000 growers.
We harvest the best. Diverse views and experience make us strong. We look for people who have a safety-first mindset, who are collaborative team players, who deliver on their commitments, who are innovators in search of a better way, and who believe in inclusion.
Working at Nutrien will provide you an opportunity to help us Feed the Future, and grow your career.
Nutrien’s Office of Government & Industry Affairs is looking for a confident, smart, solutions-oriented Office Coordinator to direct the positive outcome of all projects, initiatives, and strategic activities being pursued by a hard-working team of professionals. Reporting to the Vice President, Government and Industry Affairs, this role is involved in every aspect of the day-to-day functions of a dynamic team.
What you will do:
- Support both Canadian and US based government and industry affairs teams in the coordination of meetings, activities, and operations, as necessary
- Interact with government and industry stakeholders and network with Nutrien staff
- Be the point-person within the organization for government affairs-related questions, events and activities
- Coordinate office activities and operations to ensure efficiency and compliance with company policies, including managing committee work, overseeing budgets, and overall strategy
- Support budgeting and office procedures as well as expense reimbursement using SAP
- Manage calendars, travel arrangements, and appointments for team members
- Support onboarding of new vendors and manage all contracts
- Manage invoicing and billing processes from start to finish
- Manage relationships with office space administration, vendors and service providers
- Provide logistical support for Corporate Government Affairs events, such as fundraisers and conferences
- Submit timely reports and prepare presentations and proposals, as required
What you will bring:
- Bachelor’s degree with 5+ years relevant experience; or equivalent relevant experience
- 5+ years in administration or office management in Government Affairs
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal abilities
- Proven organizational and leadership skills
- Ability to multi-task, work efficiently in a high-energy environment, and communicate effectively with individuals of all levels
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office; and/or travel expense systems (SAP) are highly preferred
- Experience working with Government Officials preferred
Are you a good match? Apply today!
Nutrien is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to creating an inclusive workplace. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics
This job will remain posted until filled. In accordance with Nutrien policies, you will be required to undergo a background check and may be required to undergo a substance test. While we appreciate all applications we receive, only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
**EOE race/color/sex/sexual orientation/gender identity/disability/veteran