At Griffith Company, we recognize that people are our most valuable resource. We nurture that resource by fostering a work environment that encourages communication, respect and recognition. In this environment, Griffith Company employees flourish, taking their careers to new levels. In addition to offering a 115+ year history of quality, safety and excellence, Griffith Company has a dynamic, exciting and supportive culture where opportunity for growth abounds.
We are currently looking for an Office Engineer for our Central Region in Bakersfield to provide project accounting and other administrative support.
- Provide job site administration and documentation.
- Assist with project accounting.
- Track submittals, RFC’s, equipment lists and contract change orders.
- Update cost report.
- Develop, update and maintain C.P.M. schedule.
- Track quantities.
- Track daily cost vs. project budget
- Track project logs.
- Preparation of extra work.
- Assist project manager, superintendent and foreman with planning and supervision of work.
- Maintain liaison with owner’s representatives to ensure it complies with the estimate.
- Assist in resolving construction problems as required.
- Assist superintendent and foreman with layout and other technical requirements.
- Storm water protection plan. Preparation of work plans.
- Layout drawings of formwork, falsework, and shoring in AutoCAD or Microstation.
- Review and monitor accounts payable, subcontracts and time sheets.
- Facilitate job site meetings.
- Monitor safety requirements.
- Worker protection.
- Ensure public safety.
Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Construction Management or equivalent combinations of technical training and related experience.
- Excellent writing, presentation, and computer skills
- Working knowledge of various construction disciplines, cost control, contract administration, scheduling, safety regulations and the ability to understand drawings and specifications.
- Project accounting experience is desired.
- Project Engineer License is preferred, but not necessary.
- Time Management
- Ethical Conduct
- Highly Organized
- Problem Solving
- Results Driven
- Process Oriented
- Communication Proficiency (Verbal & Written)
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Frequently required to stand and walk at construction jobsites.
- Frequently required to sit for extended periods of time.
- Must frequently lift and move up to 20 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Company Benefits Package
In addition to offering a comprehensive benefits package for all employees — including a superior health benefits package — Griffith Company also offers generous performance-based compensation. As part of an Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) Corporation, Griffith Company employees have the opportunity to directly and financially benefit from the Company's success. Other benefits include vacation time, sick days, paid holidays, and a 401K program. (Benefits are subject to eligibility requirements)
Relocation assistance will be provided to candidates outside of the local area on a case-by-case basis.
Visit us at: www.griffithcompany.net.
Griffith Company is an equal opportunity employer and an employee-owned company.