About the opportunity
SWCA Environmental Consultants has an opportunity for an Office Lead for our Tucson office. The position is a regular, full-time, salaried position. The selected candidate will be responsible for the financial performance of the office, expanding our current market services and providing leadership to the office staff. The individual will also expand SWCA's professional reputation in natural and cultural resource consulting by providing assistance on projects in his or her area of expertise. Salary will be based on individual qualifications and experience.
SWCA Environmental Consultants is a growing employee-owned firm, providing a full-spectrum of environmental services. With more than 34 offices across the United States, SWCA is one of the largest environmental compliance firms and ranks among Engineering News-Record’s Top 200 Environmental Firms.
This is a great opportunity to lead an experienced, well-respected, dynamic team and to develop new business opportunities for this established office.
What you will accomplish
- Working knowledge of natural and/or cultural resources and markets in the Pima County and southern Arizona area.
- Demonstrated experience in developing new business and leading major proposal efforts.
- Assist with SWCA’s Southwest Region business development goals and objectives.
- Manage projects and milestones within schedule and budget expectations.
- Supervise, direct, and instruct subcontractors, technical staff, fieldwork, and written deliverables as required.
- Coordinate with clients, take initiative and problem-solve.
- Demonstrate knowledge of federal, state, and local regulations pertaining to natural and/or cultural resources.
- Good understanding of financial principles, experience with contributing to and implementing a business plan.
- Allocate company resources, including personnel, vehicles, supplies and equipment.
- Maintain a collaborative work environment between SWCA offices, staff, subcontractors, and clients.
- Conduct employee performance reviews and provide mentoring and coaching to staff.
- Host and coordinate staff meetings as appropriate.
Experience and qualifications for success
- M.S./M.A. in environmental planning, science, archaeology, biology, or a related field desired; candidates with a B.S./B.A. with equivalent experience will be considered
- Minimum of seven (7) years of experience in natural or cultural resource project management, planning, science, or a related field
- Proven success of leading a team of professional environmental consultants
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
If you would like to contact SWCA regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the online application process due to a disability, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 800-828-8517. This contact information is for disability accommodation requests only. All other inquiries will not receive a response.
EOE - women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply.