Cherokee Nation Mission Solutions provides support services and project support personnel to our Government and industry partners. Our highly skilled experts support and supplement the mission, expertise, and skill sets of our clients. Utilizing our customer-intimate approach, we partner with our clients to provide strategic solutions that maximize the use of human and financial resources to ensure that mission-critical projects are completed on time and within budget.
Office Management Specialist Washington, DC (ID#13946)
Serves as the Office Management Specialist for SCA/A. The incumbent performs a variety of duties that require the incumbent to work very closely with the team in SCA/A, including the Office Director, Deputies, unit chiefs, and other staff members.
**ACTIVE TOP SECRET SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIRED**
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Includes the following (Other duties may be assigned):
- Support the Management, Political, Economic, Regional Security and Public Affairs Sections, with sufficient experience in tracking and supporting meetings for senior officials and ambassadors, event invitations, courtesy calls, visitors, phone bills, preparations for meetings; arranges travel, processes expense vouchers, etc.
- Prepare written materials, prepares briefing materials, drafts documents, facilitates agendas and follow-up from meetings, processes meeting notes, produces weekly activity reports (WARs), and reviews newsletters.
- Processes information requests, facilitates required reports, support management staff, maintains databases on office and/or management issues, supports time and attendance reporting, maintains leave information, and supports temporary duty staff.
- Support information technology and records, supports the message tracking system, supports travel systems, uses electronic cable system, supports the embassy's website, maintains biographic data, maintains files, and supports through the use of other electronic re- cord systems as needed.
- Track office equipment maintenance, procures supplies, answers phone, distributes mail, etc.; receive and screens all incoming tele- phone calls and correspondence; type in final, letters, telegrams, memoranda.
- Assemble data and draft certain mission and/or office reports. Proofreads and edits all correspondence and materials to ensure proper format, accuracy and compliance with regulations; maintain and updates all mission and/or office lists and notices as required and may be called upon to take and transcribe notes; respond to inquiries and requests of a routine nature, or directs to responsible party for action.
- Acts as the custodian of classified and unclassified office files, and maintains section reference library, as well as the office in- formation resource library; maintain office schedules and time and attendance records; monitor deadline dates for submission of re- ports and action related matter; receive and escorts visitors and maintenance personnel within section. Prepares invitations, applies knowledge of protocol in managing processes and events, e.g. preparing guest lists, invitations, and representation vouchers.
- Control office supply stock and reorders as necessary and may be assigned additional duties and responsibilities as required of
- Control office supply stock and reorders as necessary and may be assigned additional duties and responsibilities as required of the job; assist other sections as needed.
- Answers and promptly handles telephone calls coming into the office.
- Maintains the schedule for the Office Director and the Deputies as necessary.
- Prepares correspondence, telegrams, and memoranda, ensuring that all conform to style and format guidelines established by the Department's Executive Secretariat.
- Leads office process for the onboarding of new SCA/A office staff including processing of forms for Open Net and Class Net, E2 access, coding of badges for office access, procurement of official smartphones, and processing of forms needed by DS to obtain SCI clearances. Also advises departing staff on procedures for signing out of the office.
- Makes travel arrangements, including scheduling of appointments, security travel and hotel reservations, passports, visas, and travel advances, as necessary. Upon return, prepares vouchers from travel diaries, notes, and incumbent's knowledge of arrangements. Due to the heavy demands on the Office Director, frequently such arrangements become complicated due to last-minute changes and travel revisions after departure.
- Has a working knowledge of the Government Travel authorization program (Travel Manager). Drafts/prepares travel authorizations on behalf of supervisor or staff member who is traveling. Prepares travel authorizations for staff member as requested based on information provided by traveler. Prepares trip itinerary, obtains travel expenses estimates (MI & E costs, taxi, hotel costs etc; prepares travel authorization request. Upon completion of trip assists traveler in preparing electronic travel voucher. Follows up with traveler to ensure all expense documents have been submitted and on time (i.e. within 30 days).
- Has a working knowledge of GEMS software to serve as proxy for data input for staff rating forms.
- Reviews all incoming correspondence and forwards it with necessary information or instructions to the appropriate officers for action. Composes replies when appropriate.
- Demonstrates extensive experience and demonstrated ability in working with classified and unclassified computer databases. Operation and knowledge of Excel, Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and related computer based programs operations.
- Serves as office safety and security officer ensuring the office follows appropriate procedures for securing and protecting classified and other sensitive information and the appropriate safety regulations are implemented including personnel accountability during evacuations for fire alarms and drills.
- Maintains office files. Procures necessary office supplies and ensures they are organized appropriately in designated storage space. Is proficient with system software for making and monitoring procurement requests for office supplies, IT and other types of office equipment, and furniture.
- Works with SCA/EX to arrange delivery of supplies, equipment, and furniture and disposal and removal of these items.
- Prepares time-and-attendance sheets and vouchers for taxis and representational funds. Maintains records of annual and sick leave requests.
- As requested, or on his/her own initiative, makes careful and exhaustive searches for information difficult to obtain, compiles data, and makes preliminary analyses.
- Makes and acknowledges various social arrangements and obligations, which are a part of the official responsibility of the SCA/A team.
- Facilitates access to the office suite by monitoring entrance requests and provides escort duty for janitorial services and other service providers.
- Maintains public calendar for the SCA/A conference room and facilitates access to the conference room for other State Department offices and visitors.
- Coordinates with additional SCA staff to ensure office coverage and equitable division of office tasks. The contractor shall have the following skills/qualifications:
- Excellent knowledge of Department of State operations and overall office management experience. Experience as a secretary/office manager working under pressure, with the ability to work under pressure to meet tight or short deadlines.
- Working knowledge of personal computers and general administrative practices, including extensive experience and ability in working properly with classified and unclassified computer data base, operation and knowledge of Excel, Microsoft Windows, PowerPoint, data sharing systems (ie, SharePoint) and related computer-based programs and the ability to prepare e-mails, notices, reports, etc. from scratch.
- Ability to work under pressure and tight or short deadlines.
No Supervisory or Management authority.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
A high school diploma and three (3) years of equivalent office management experience; OR a two-year college degree in Office Management, Business Administration, Computer Technology, Web Development or other related field together with two years of office management experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- In-depth knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite is essential.
- Must be able to organize routine data and maintain established procedures.
- Must be able to work with all levels of personnel working in the Embassy and the public and operate courteously and tactfully.
Significant exposure to physical injury may be prevalent. The area of performance is stressful and presents many levels of threat. Working conditions may be crowded, noisy, extremely hot and dusty.
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, gender identity and sexual orientation. If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please visit the following two sites:
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may e-mail CNB.Compliance@cn-bus.com for assistance. This email address is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the application process or status.