Our client is an award winning professional Tree Care Management firm in Staten Island, NY. They are seeking an Office Manager reporting to the Owner supporting general office and administrative duties.
The Office Manager is responsible for the administration of inter-office functions, handling ADP payroll, and supporting the general Office Management functions of the firm.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Major responsibilities of the position are listed below. To perform the job successfully, the individual must be able to execute each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Answer and direct all incoming calls to the office.
- Maintain small portion of ADP Payroll. HR, A/P, A/R and bank reconciliation
- Handling new employment on-boarding.
- Ensuring that all payments are made in accordance with company policy
- Reconcile vendor statements; research and correct discrepancies
- Pays invoices by verifying transaction information; scheduling and preparing disbursements; obtaining authorization of payment
- Maintain files and documentation thoroughly and accurately, in accordance with company policy and accepted accounting practices
- Compile internal management reports, if needed.
- Establish/maintain employee records; ensure that employee changes are entered correctly into the system for timely payroll processing.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience desired a minimum of Associates Degree required.
- Landscape or Construction Experience is preferred
- Strong Microsoft Office skills and data entry skills are required
- Ability to maintain strong working relationships with employees.
- Demonstrated ability to work well as an individual and as a member of a high-performing team.
- Superb attention to detail and high level of accuracy.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Discreet ability to handle confidential and proprietary information.
- Strong initiative, ability to anticipate issues proactively.