ORGANIZATIONAL SUMMARY: Our Goal is to promote a culture of professionalism that operates at the highest level of integrity.
We strive in hiring the best staff, providing them substantial training, competitive compensation and significant career growth opportunities. We know your success is our success.
Our organization spans across 15 auto manufacturers brands at 9 locations throughout the Bay Area.
As a family-owned business, our associates work together across stores to ensure that our customers get the right vehicle at a competitive price.
POSITION OVERVIEW: Price Simms Family Dealerships is looking for an Office Manager with Automotive Experience. We are seeking a reliable individual to supervise the daily operations of the dealership’s business office and office staff. Assist the Controller with daily, weekly and monthly tasks as needed, enforcing the office policies and internal controls.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- B.B.A. degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration preferred or equivalent experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum three years of previous office management experience in an automotive dealership required.
- Proficiency using CDK, ADP or similar Dealer Management Software (DMS).
- Thorough knowledge of dealership accounting principles.
- Ability to use Microsoft productivity software such as Excel and Word
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong organizational ability
- Effective corporate communications skills
- Ability to consistently meet all deadlines
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Review and reconcile all accounting schedules, including, but not limited to, cash, credit card, accounts receivable, Vehicle Receivable, Contracts-in-Transit, sublet, etc.
- Responsible for the general ledger accounts assigned to respective dealership to insure transactions are properly accounted for.
- Review Journal Detail Reports to ensure transactions are properly recorded.
- Responsible for completing the Accounting Month-End Checklist prior to posting cutoff.
- Ensure accounts payable records are maintained according to Company standards.
- Responsible for properly securing the receipt of cash, checks and credit cards and ensuring such items are deposited in a timely manner.
- Ensure accounts receivable/sales records are maintained according to Company standards.
- Maintain ledger of transactions subject to state and local use and sales taxes.
- Coordinate the Monthly Vehicle Inventory procedures and provide reconciliation to Corporate Accounting.
- Responsible for staffing and managing business office personnel.
- Maintains a positive and professional demeanor
- Willing to submit to pre-employment screening: Drug test and Background check
- Other duties, as assigned
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS, WORK ENVIROMENTS, and WORK SCHEDULE:
Skill in operating office equipment such as a personal computer, copy machine and telephone system. Ability to perform routine bending, stooping, twisting, and reaching. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Ability to lift a minimum of 50 pounds. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
WORK LOCATION: This position is headquartered in Marin County CA. This position may require traveling to other office locations or off-site meetings as required.
Job Type: Full-time, Exempt, Monday to Friday with some weekends/Holidays
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY STATEMENT: Price Simms Family Dealerships is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.