|Title||Office Manager - DC Area|
This position will be located across Naval District Washington (Washington, South Potomac, Patuxent River, Annapolis).
Position is responsible for overall front office activities, working independently to provide executive assistance to Director, process payroll, administrative & personnel functions, reception, mail, and office supplies purchasing services. This position will also provide Environmental Supervisory duties as needed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Supervises and coordinates overall administrative activities for the Office Services department; organizes office operations and procedures.
• Manages the reception area to ensure effective telephone and reception services as first point of contact on behalf of the organization; greets and directs visitors in a professional, friendly and hospitable manner.
• Provides administrative and human resources support to the Director and staff
• Reviews & edits payroll punches, inserts leave hours as needed, resolves employee issues regarding payroll.
• Monitors office supplies inventory and places routine orders as needed to maintain adequate stock; orders and delivers supplies as requested by corporate office staff.
• Sorts and delivers internal mail, prepares packages for shipping and mails outgoing correspondence.
• May participate in special departmental projects; performs data entry and scanning as needed.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Experience and Skill Requirements
• High school diploma or equivalent, Associate’s degree in Business Administration preferred, and
• At least two (2) years of experience in an office management role with a moderate to high call volume, and
• Experience providing administrative support to senior staff, or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job
• Working knowledge of mail/package process with Federal Express and US mail
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, including Outlook, Word and Excel
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Excellent organizational skills
• Professional appearance and manner
Physical, Environmental and Sensory Requirements
• Work environment is a typical office/hospital setting.
• Physical demands include intermittent sitting, standing, and walking, and occasional bending reaching and lifting up to 20 lbs.
• Limited exposure to elements such as heat, cold, noise, dust, dirt, chemicals, etc. but generally not to the point of being disagreeable.
This job description is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
|Send This Job to a Friend|