Is accountable for a department with clerks and or assistants.
- Work Scheduling and Allocation : Design own monthly schedule and, if necessary, assign work to others in order to speed up office workflow and ensure high-priority tasks get done.
- Performance Management : Respond to personal objectives and use performance management systems to improve personal performance. OR Monitor the performance of the team; allocate work and review completion, take appropriate corrective action to ensure timeliness and quality; contribute to formal individual performance management and appraisal.
- Budgeting & Costing : Monitor and analyze data using budgeting systems and protocols.
- Contract Management : Carry out a range of contract management tasks.
- Facilities : Support others by performing a range of facilities management activities.
- Leadership and Direction : Supervise a team performing routine work.
- Policy Development & Implementation : Provide routine support services to others.
- Procurement : Support others by carrying out a range of procurement activities. Involves following established procedures.
- Plans and aligns : Plans and prioritizes work to meet commitments aligned with organizational goals. For example, adopts a sequence of activities that allows for optimal efficiency and effective coordination with others. Makes skillful use of resources and support to deliver efficient, high-quality work.
- Ensures accountability : Holds self and others accountable to meet commitments. For example, operates with a clear sense of responsibility; learns about, and adheres to, most policies, procedures, and work requirements. Takes steps to ensure work is done properly, communicates status, and addresses any errors.
- Directs work : Provides direction, delegating, and removing obstacles to get work done. For example, asks questions to understand the desired outcomes for the role; confirms accountabilities with others so that work can be done effectively and efficiently; informs stakeholders when there are delays or problems that will affect them.
- Communicates effectively : Develops and delivers multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences. For example, pays attention to others' insights, advice, or instruction, grasping the main elements. Promptly shares relevant information with the right amount of detail.
- Action oriented : Takes on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm. For example, identifies what needs to be done and acts quickly. Shows optimism and enthusiasm that affects others positively. Works independently, but knows when to ask for help.
- Manages complexity : Makes sense of complex, high quantity, and sometimes contradictory information to effectively solve problems. For example, gathers basic information to understand a problem and find a solution. Seeks to understand and apply systematic problem-solving methods; distinguishes symptoms from underlying problems.
- Collaborates : Builds partnerships and works collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives. For example, learns how to operate as a team player, contributing actively to the group's efforts. Seeks others' inputs, appreciates their contributions; offers to help when the need is clear.
- Planning and Organizing : Works without supervision and provides technical guidance when required on planning, organizing, prioritizing and overseeing activities to efficiently meet business objectives.
- Verbal Communication : Uses clear and effective verbal communications skills without supervision and provides technical guidance when required on expressing ideas, requesting actions and formulating plans or policies.
- Action Planning : Works with guidance (but not constant supervision) to develop appropriate plans or perform necessary actions based on recommendations and requirements.
- Property Management Reporting : Works with guidance (but not constant supervision) using data to build reports that enable executives to make decisions on property/facility management.
- Commercial Acumen : Applies understanding of the business environment and objectives to develop solutions with guidance but not constant supervision.
- Construction Management : Supervises the construction of assigned properties according to instructions with guidance, but not constant supervision
- Costing and Budgeting : Works under guidance (but not constant supervision) to perform costing, budgeting and finance tasks.
- Negotiation : Negotiates under guidance (but not constant supervision) to help the organization by obtaining consensus between two or more internal or external parties who may have different interests.
- Policy and procedures : Works with guidance (but not constant supervision) to develop, monitor, interpret and understand policies and procedures, while making sure they match organizational strategies and objectives.
- Reporting : Works with guidance (but not constant supervision) to create relevant, lucid and effective reports.
- Review and Reporting : Works with guidance (but not constant supervision) to review and create relevant, lucid and effective reports.
- Policy and Regulation : Works with guidance (but not constant supervision) to interpret and apply knowledge of laws, regulations and policies in area of expertise.
- General Experience : Experienced practitioner able to work unsupervised (13 months to 3 years)
- Managerial Experience : Experience of general supervision of more junior colleagues (7 to 12 months)
- General Education : High School / FE College (2 A Levels)