The Salvation Army is hiring an Officer Manager at our Lynn Corps location. This position is 25 hours/week (Monday-Friday) at a rate of $12.75/hour.
High School Diploma, Associates degree in Accounting preferred
Non-profit experience preferred. Accounting experience would be helpful but not necessary. Receptionist experience preferred
- Must have excellent computer skills using MS Office and working knowledge of Excel
- Must have good organizational skills
- Must have good basic math skills
- Ability to work with very little direction
- Handle sensitive and confidential information with discretion
- Be able to use office equipment (scanner, fax, copy machine) as needed.
- Must being to direct and lead volunteers
- Must have a valid driver’s license
Overseas all office functions including but not limited to: answering and directing calls, welcome visitors, basic accounting, and manage volunteers.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Answer phones and direct call accordingly and greet visitors at the door
- Assist in the preparation of Corps Deposits weekly and transport deposits to bank as necessary
- Organize and file all the finance papers as required
- Prepare thank you letters to donors as directed by the Corps Officers.
- Prepare Weekly Corps Income Reports per DHQ guidelines.
- Record gifts in kind on a monthly basis and transmit the report to DHQ.
- Process corps bills as it required by the DHQ Finance Department.
- Process all the Item Santa (Christmas) donations as required
- Process kettle donations (Christmas) as required
- Take minutes in various meetings as requested
- Post volunteer opportunities and reach out to service groups, church’s, etc to recruit more volunteers to assist with various tasks at the Corps
- Process all volunteer applications with DHQ HR
- Assist Corp Officers with seasonal new hire paperwork
- Represent The Salvation Army's spiritual and social mission in the community at large.
- Perform other related as assigned by supervisor.