ABOUT THE COMPANY
Fritz-Pak Corporation is a small, family-owned manufacturing company in Mesquite, TX. The company specializes in blending powdered chemicals for concrete and packaging them in water-soluble bags. The company sells their products across the globe, and it is one of the most recognized names in its industry. If you are looking for a job in a growing small business, then Fritz-Pak is a great choice for you. The hours will be 8am – 5pm Monday through Friday.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF OFFICE MANAGER
FINANCIAL (Primary Duties)
- Processes accounts payable and accounts receivable.
- Works with department managers to assign all expenses to the proper account numbers.
- Makes bank deposits correctly and in a timely manner.
- May participate in budget planning and provide reports.
- Processes credits, returns and refunds.
- Participates in on-boarding of new hires; assists with orientation, processes benefits enrollment forms, trains new staff to use the timekeeping system, maintains personnel records.
- Works with Executive VP to manage company benefit programs.
- Completes and files workers' compensation forms following reports of work-related injuries. Properly tracks and follows up on related injuries and incidents.
- Maintains required state and federal labor law postings.
- Prepares and maintains all employee files.
- Acts as the workplace liaison regarding company personnel policies and procedures.
- Assists with counseling, documenting employee grievances, and tracking corrective actions.
- Processes bi-weekly payroll, ensuring accurate and timely reporting.
- Ensures incoming phone calls are managed, serving as a backup to Customer Service.
- Serves as Manager on Duty when assigned. This includes opening and closing the office as needed.
- Maintains confidentiality of employee information, including long-term storage of files.
- Coordinates special events such as holiday staff parties and celebrations.
- Encourages teamwork and promotes company values.
- Manages COVID Safety protocols for the office and daily cleaning in compliance with OSHA and CDC.
- Becomes familiar with and understands the steps for emergency response, including evacuation.
- Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Fluency in English; reading, writing, speaking, and understanding. Bi-lingual in Spanish is a plus.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management, employees, and outside contacts.
- Strong leadership skills; competent to make appropriate professional decisions and to resolve/manage problems.
- Patience, tact, and cheerful disposition; ability to work in casual, friendly environment.
- Strong integrity with absolute respect for the sensitive and confidential nature of the company's proprietary information.
- Ability to seek out new methods and willingness to incorporate them into existing practices when applicable.
- Prompt, dependable, and able to perform the required duties on a regular, predictable basis.
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree in bookkeeping or related discipline.
- 3-5 years’ experience in bookkeeping, accounting, and/or administrative work.
- 3-5 years’ experience using Microsoft Office and Outlook software.
- 3-5 years’ experience using professional accounting and client resource management software. Experience with Sage Accounting is a plus.
- Competitive Wage Compensation – Starting at $65,000
- Major Medical, Dental, Vision Coverage
- Optional Short Term Disability and Section 125 Cafeteria Plan
- 401k Retirement Plan with Employer Match
- Eligible for Annual Profit Sharing
- Eligible for Annual End-of-Year Bonus
- Paid Time Off accrues immediately, Up To 160 Hours Per Year Based On Service Time.
- 9 Company Paid Holidays
- 1 Company Paid Medical Day - Annual Physical