WHO WE ARE
Supported by more than 3,000 employees in nearly 100 locations across the United States, we provide a full continuum of engineering and consulting services, including design, planning, architectural, environmental, construction and program management. Our clients include U.S. federal, state and municipal governments, foreign allied governments, and a wide range of commercial clients. Michael Baker is committed to delivering a standard of excellence that fosters a culture of innovation, collaboration and technological advancement to help solve our clients' complex challenges.
OFFICE MANAGER POSITION:
You will manage and oversee all office personnel and business activities and unify local leadership for Michael Baker International in the office. Direct and lead the office in support of all projects. Oversight of day-to-day operations in our Los Angeles office while developing, overseeing, and managing the growth of a balanced office portfolio, reflective of the enterprise capabilities of Michael Baker International. Expanding the core business of Michael Baker including adding new markets, developing clients and expanding the capabilities of the office. Providing business leadership and engaging with other Executives, National/Regional Market and Practice Leads and supporting resources. Understanding and making business decisions and being accountable for office-level performance. The ideal candidate will have experience leading and supervising a multi-discipline team.
- work with our Office Executive, client service team, and divisions in the development of targeted client service action plans.
- manage client relationships and guide the application of Michael Baker services within a specific area to best serve the interests of the client and Michael Baker.
- continually bring in new work and increase back log
- be responsible for successful contracting and project execution, working closely with regional Michael Baker international staff and office leadership.
- promote work share and develop a balanced office portfolio reflective of Michael Baker International enterprise capabilities
- identify and develop emerging talent and leadership to create upward opportunity and succession planning
- be responsible for office revenue and profit
- be responsible for headcount growth (recruiting and staff development)
- determine direction and lead market awareness including involvement in professional associations, technical articles, conferences and boards.
You will need: