Job ID: 153640
Oldcastle Infrastructure, a CRH company, is the leading manufacturer of precast concrete, polymer concrete, and plastic products in the United States. Our products range from utility vaults, reinforced concrete pipe, catch basins, drainage and septic tanks, to retaining walls, storm shelters, wall panels, concrete barriers, a variety of prestressed concrete products and more. With more than 80 locations nationwide and 3,000 plus employees, Oldcastle Infrastructure is committed to upholding core values of reliability, quality, and service in cutting edge ways.
The Plant Accountant/Office Manager is a multi-faceted position responsible for a wide range of duties that support the personnel, and day-to-day operation of the local business in Rehoboth, MA and the New England Region. This position requires a highly-organized problem solver to support the business processes, providing trouble-shooting, and performing accounting functions. Key objectives are efficient, timely, and accurate recognition of financial activity while supporting business managers with information and team members with functional support.
- Manage the new hire process, onboarding for the local operation.
- Weekly payroll review, approval and submittal.
- Distribute employer communications and coordination with payroll and benefit departments.
- Knowledge of the company HR policies & employment laws, submittal of new hire & change documentation to payroll centers, employee reimbursement forms.
- Administration of company resources, account logins, equipment, etc.
- Daily processing of sales invoices, pack slip processing, and record retention.
- Oversee account management and support collection efforts, provide account sales, credit and collection information to stakeholders.
- Issuance of credits and debits for returns, order process correction, and sales tax adjustments.
- Oversight of sales tax charged during invoice process. Insure exemptions on file and correct tax rates applied.
- Daily review of new sales orders, margin review, and order deviation detection.
- Requests for lien releases, bonds, certificate of insurance, other order fulfillment documentation.
- Troubleshoot invoice posting and/or receiving issues.
- New vendor set up requests.
- Review purchase orders, receiving, price variances.
- Create purchase orders and receive items with special handling.
- Review and report on GL postings, total spend on accounts.
- Review daily manufacturing reports, identify and resolve accounting variances.
- Support sales order entry, special purchased goods, managing job cost add-ons.
- Support location management in BOM revisions and cost changes.
- BOM Calculations and cost comparison reports, research moving cost variances.
- Review and update projected costs.
- Create new items as needed.
- Process inventory transfers through Intercompany sales process, insure transactions net appropriately.
- Coordinate Inventory cycle counts and reconciliation.
- Reviewing daily reports to identify accounting items needing correction or resolution.
- Manage month-end financial close procedures.
- Capital expenditure support, capitalization, and asset management
- Support back up business processes like credit card processing, daily time edits, production entry.
- Make sure the day to day needs of the office are fulfilled, maintain office files and records.
- Other duties, projects, and backup as assigned.
- Capable of managing business processes, initiating process improvements, and insuring process compliance.
- Solid grasp of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and internal controls.
- Maintain process discipline in a fast-paced, multi-tasked environment, while meeting daily reporting milestones.
- Understands inventory control and data workflows.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Must be customer service oriented, both internally and externally.
- Proficient in MS Office 365, at an intermediate level in Microsoft Excel.
- Comfortable working across multiple software systems, SaaS, and in Tier 1 ERP systems such as MS AX, Oracle, JD Edwards, or SAP.
- Proven track record of working directly with key location stakeholders such as plant managers, general manager, and location functional management.
- Minimum 4 years of experience in accounting role preferred, with preference place on experience in a manufacturing setting. BS degree in Accounting preferred.
- Specific experience with inventory and costing; financial accounting; business law including sales and use tax regulations, lien laws, etc.; internal controls; payroll & benefit programs; accounts payable; credit and collections.
- High ethical and professional standards – honesty, integrity & good judgment.
- Strong organizational skills; must be detail oriented and accurate.
- A positive attitude and outlook on work, business relationships, goals/objectives and expected performance.
What CRH Americas Offers You
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
About CRH Americas
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle Infrastructure, a CRH company, is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our career site. Please complete your online profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
CRH Americas is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.