Who We Are:
Yup is an education technology company that was founded on a simple yet powerful idea: to help students be their best. We believe that personalized learning experiences delivered through technology can set students up for long-term academic success. We aim to bring the benefits of personalized learning to as many students as possible.
Our first product is a math tutoring app that connects students with expert tutors and provides them with collaboration tools like a virtual whiteboard, photo sharing, and messaging, so that student and tutor solve problems together. Unlike other tutoring companies, Yup provides students with unlimited 24/7 access and support and ensures that students actually learn concepts, rather than relying on tutors to provide them with a quick answer. Yup is proudly backed by Stanford University’s StartX and Sesame Street’s VC, Sesame Workshop.
Join us in helping students be their best!
What We Are Looking For:
Yup is seeking a full time Office Manager to enliven our office atmosphere, and implement systems that add structure and organization to our day-to-day, and month-to-month office flow. They must also be excited at contributing to the evolution of our company culture and helping to take it to the next level. The ideal candidate is self-motivated, proactive, and able to excel in a fast paced start-up environment. We're a small team looking for someone eager to tackle the challenges of hyper-growth, and motivated by the opportunity to drive meaningful impact.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Maintain office space in peak condition; optimizing use of space, keeping clean and tidy, and ensuring that all resources are working and ready to use
- Ensure office supplies and snacks are fully stocked while also iterating on selection and managing respective budgets
- Manage inbound/outbound deliveries
- Serve as first point of contact for all Yup guests whether investors, advisors, candidates or friends and family
- Manage vendor accounts (EatClub, Costco, ManagedbyQ,ClassPass)
- Run ad hoc errands for the office
- Support COO with day-to-day responsibilities including preparing for and running logistics on company-wide meetings as well as keeping documentation around office policies and procedures up-to-date
- Manage office equipment (computers, televisions, desks, chairs, etc.) including ordering what is necessary for employees to perform their responsibilities, distribution and set-up equipment as well as keeping an inventory
- Assist with the onboarding and offboarding processes
- Plan and execute/manage company events as well as keep events calendar up-to-date
- Promote positive company culture by way of celebrating birthdays, workiversarys, new additions to the Yup family, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2+ years work experience, or 1+ years of directly relevant work experience
- Google Business Suite expertise (Docs, Sheets, Presentations)
- Excellent verbal and written communication as well as interpersonal skills
- Problem solving mindset and able to manage multiple initiatives at once
- Hungry for responsibility and opportunity to shine
- Proactive, self motivated mindset
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- Unlimited PTO
- Above market equity
- Company sponsored lunch (Mon - Thur) and dinner (for those staying past 6:15 PM)
- Unlimited drinks and snacks (both healthy and delicious)
- Healthcare plans via Calchoice: medical - fixed stipend, dental and vision - fully covered
- Access to 401K plan
- Commuter benefits
- Professional Development stipend
- Access to corporate ClassPass membership as well as company stipend
- Last but not least, you will grow a lot here! You’ll be surrounded by people with deep experience in their fields, who have a strong passion for doing great work and helping students, and improving K12 education in America
- Office hours: 9am - 6pm, Monday - Friday
- Weekly Hours Expectation: 50+
- Location: San Francisco (SOMA) - no relocation offered