This position involves complex administrative work. It provides a variety of administrative related activities, thereby relieving the Branch Manager and other managers of having to perform administrative details. Incumbent may also provide administrative assistance for any staff member as requested by the Branch Manager. This position also provides oversight for all other administrative activity.
The work requires the exercise of considerable initiative, independent judgment and discretion in handling administrative details, as well as expertise in the performance of clerical duties which often involve confidential matters. Advice on new assignments and policy matters are normally available; however, the employee is expected to proceed with minimum supervision. Work is reviewed upon completion for desired results and adherence to established policies and procedures.
In order to complete your application, please complete the Culture Index questionaire by following this link: https://www.cindexinc.com/c/RmkRQ43uqR
Check out all of our available positions! Our company is continuously growing and our hiring needs constantly change. Please visit our website at www.BuildingAndEarth.com/careers to view all of our open positions. Applying to any open position in your area will get your resume in our system for review. You may contact Christina Gardner at (205) 836-6300 if you have any questions.
- Performs a variety of office administrative & clerical tasks. These may include, but are not limited to, handling calls; handling mail; filing; managing & replenishing office and lab supplies; ensuring that all office equipment (computers, copiers, fax machines, etc.) is maintained; attending meetings and transcribing meeting notes when requested; and other general administrative or clerical duties as requested.
- Accurately and rapidly composes effective, grammatically correct, correspondence including, but not limited to, letters, emails, memos, reports, statements, notices, and memoranda without instructions or review. Writes or aids in writing proposals. Aids other staff in writing and editing various documents.
- Reviews and/or compiles data for and submits administrative reports, including, but not limited to, daily timesheets, monthly invoices, project budgets, field reports, monthly credit card/expense reports, per diem requests, truck maintenance schedule, employee leave time, and other documents as requested; prepares other administrative, technical and statistical reports as requested.
- Researches and informs on upcoming projects for opportunities. Makes initial contact as requested.
- Makes cost effective travel arrangements as requested and may include preparing requisitions for travel and ensuring that checks and required paperwork are sent in a timely manner.
- Oversees and/or assists other Branch administrative personnel with all administrative/clerical activities as needed. Acts as receptionist or fills in for receptionist as needed.
- Assists with client related activities, including, but not limited to, contacting clients concerning past due invoices, Christmas gifts, and other appropriate client interactions.
- Assists HR with administrative duties pertaining to hiring and/or terminating employees, including, but not limited to, LMS training, new hire paperwork, status change forms, etc.
- Performs other Branch specific special assignments and projects such as maintaining and planning work schedules and ensuring project data is set up properly in company software applications and on the server, and/or as assigned by the Branch Manager or Executive Staff.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (Competencies)
- Thorough knowledge of secretarial/administrative practices and procedures, particularly involving organizational policies and procedures.
- Extensive knowledge of modern office practices, procedures and equipment.
- Ability to create and maintain accurate and confidential office records and data and to prepare easily understandable reports for distribution.
- Skilled in the use of computers and software applications, with particular proficiency in Word and Excel or other spreadsheet software, printer, fax machine, scanners, calculator, mail machine, telephone system TDD (telephone devise for the deaf) and related office equipment. Ability to learn company specific software and programs.
- Ability to organize, coordinate and prioritize tasks and schedules.
- Ability to build and maintain effective working relationships with other employees, clients, client representatives and the general public.
- Ability to dress, speak and act appropriately, as well as deal with stressful situations, multiple priorities and hectic schedules with calmness and courtesy at all times.
- Ability to work ethically, honestly and safely at all times as scheduled.
- Must be physically able to operate a variety of automated office machines including computers, copiers, printers, facsimile machines, telephone, etc.
- Must be able to work, move, or carry objects or materials weighing up to 20 lbs. such as files, computer printouts, reports, lab equipment and supplies, legal pads, etc.
- Visual/hearing ability sufficient to comprehend written/verbal communications in the English language, including the ability to communicate directly and over the telephone and be understood.
- Must be able to sit for prolonged periods of time in an office environment during operating hours.
Minimum Education, Training and/or Experience
- Associate Degree preferred, including or supplemented by courses in general office management.
- Computer literacy with proficiency in Word and Excel or other spreadsheet software.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience as an administrative assistant; or some equivalent combination of education, training and experience.