In this role, you will provide great customer service to a diverse team of co-workers through various tasks every day. The office manager position is responsible for overall front office activities, including the reception area, mail, large purchasing requests, and facilities. This person will also be responsible for directing and coordinating office services and related activities, including developing and supervising programs for the maximum utilization of services and equipment. Responsible for arranging internal office moves and providing arrangements for office meetings.
Responsibilities for this position include:
- Providing office management support to staff
- Enhancing and managing internal administrative processes
- Operating and maintaining a professional phone system
- Monitoring and ordering supplies to ensure uninterrupted office operations
- Managing equipment and inventory databases
- Assist with major engagement activities, including conferences, meetings, and virtual training/webinar events
- Providing excellent customer service as the initial point of contact at the corporate office and ensuring visitors are greeted in a professional manner
- Manage relationships with outside vendors
- Partner with Management for special projects and to ensure office policies are maintained
- Provide technical support such as password resets and phone account management
- Experience working as a front desk receptionist, office manager, or office administrator
- Familiar with Office 365 and SharePoint
- Familiar with Apple products
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2 years of administrative experience
- Strong communication and organization skills
- Excellent word processing and computer skills; familiarity with Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint
At HWC, we believe good government can change the world. Every single day, we tackle pressing issues in homeland security & defense, emergency management, and public health to keep our country prepared and safe. With expertise in Preparedness, Organizational Development, Data & Design, and Science & Engineering, we design flexible, innovative solutions that help our clients thrive in complex environments.
Recognized by the Washingtonian in 2017 as a Great Place to Work, we are proud of our culture, which places our employees at the heart of the company. We are passionate about being a place where people can be involved in interesting, meaningful work; grow personally and professionally; and enjoy being a part of an active, caring team. We are a welcoming community that is stronger because of the diverse backgrounds, ideas, and talents of our employees. Visit https://www.hwcinc.com/life-at-hwc/ to learn more about what it’s like to be part of our team.
Equal Opportunity Employer-Vet/Disability