Office Specialist Sr. - Facilities Management
Arizona State University
Facilities Management, Maintenance and Operations Management
Facilities Management, Maintenance and Operations Management, seeks an Office Specialist, Senior to provide customer service and assist University customers with maintenance and service requests.
To be determined
- Under general supervision use professional and organizational skills to serve as a frontline reference source to faculty, staff, and students.
- Respond to University customers via multi-phone system or electronic mail regarding service requests for Facilities Management (e.g. answer questions, direct customers to appropriate resources, provide general information by utilizing knowledge of specialized functions).
- Input, track, process key requests.
- Work with contractors and project managers for project requests.
- Coordinate and execute administrative and clerical support to the department (e.g. answer multi-line phone, distribute mail/messages, copying, filing, order materials and supplies).
- Write and accept work order requests through TMA work order management system and detail notes for completion.
- Perform computer duties with accuracy and attention to detail to maintain TMA work order system (e.g. labor, material, and work notes).
- Coordinate, route, and track progress of facility work requests.
- Process work order charges from internal and external service providers.
- Perform data entry functions.
- Maintain a wide variety of files and records and manage the archiving of various department documents.
- Create new files and ensure the appropriate disposition of all physical records in accordance with internal policies/procedures.
- Maintain unit documents, ledgers, budget data, and financial records.
- Enter data into multiple databases and run reports.
- Maintain office equipment and supplies.
- Plan and prioritize workload to meet strict deadlines. Ability to multi-task.
- Provide assistance/backup to team members.
- Oversee student workers.
- Knowledge of University policies and procedures.
- This position is located at the Tempe campus, however, may occasionally travel to other locations for coverage.
- Ability to communicate verbally, read, write, see and hear to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Other duties as assigned.
DAYS AND SCHEDULE: Monday - Friday, 8:00AM - 5:00PM
Five (5) years of increasingly responsible office/clerical experience, which includes one (1) year in a directly related function; OR, Any equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
- working in a work control center environment
- working in a call center environment
- in receiving and responding to a high volume of emails
- in data entry
- using a work order systems (e.g. WebTMA)
- in customer service
- using a multi-line phone system
- in electronic file management
- in compiling data and records into reports
Demonstrated knowledge of:
- Microsoft Office applications (e.g. Outlook, Excel, Word)
Evidence of effective verbal and written communication skills
Activities are performed in an environmentally controlled office setting subject to extended periods of sitting, keyboarding and manipulating a computer mouse. Required to stand/sit for varying lengths of time and travel moderate distances to perform work. Regular use of standard office equipment including, but not limited to: computer workstation/laptop (keyboard, monitor, mouse), printer, fax, calculator, copier, telephone and associated computer/technology peripherals. May occasionally lift and carry file boxes/reams of paper.
Facilities Development and Management measures performance expectations and seeks candidates who are aware of, participate in, and encourage team support of Arizona State University's sustainability programs. The University has made an institutional commitment to lead by example through the sustainable operations of its campuses. By demonstrating exemplary practices and sharing solutions, ASU stimulates changes in individual, institutional, and corporate behaviors to create a more sustainable world.
ASU offers tuition waiver (to include yourself, spouse and dependents), paid vacation and holidays, excellent benefit package, employee training and development opportunities, and an employee assistance program.
Facilities Development and Management at ASU employment requires current eligibility to legally work in the United States. Facilities Development and Management will not be a sponsor for this position.
This position is located at the University Services Building, 1551 S. Rural Road, Tempe, AZ (on Rural Road south of Apache Blvd).
Must possess a valid Arizona driver's license (minimum of Class D) upon employment and maintain throughout employment. Post-offer of employment, selected candidate must possess an acceptable driving record which is 5 or fewer points in the most recent 39 month period from date of hire.
Arizona State University is a new model for American higher education, an unprecedented combination of academic excellence, entrepreneurial energy and broad access. This New American University is a single, unified institution comprising four differentiated campuses positively impacting the economic, social, cultural and environmental health of the communities it serves. Its research is inspired by real world application blurring the boundaries that traditionally separate academic disciplines. ASU serves more than 90,000 students in metropolitan Phoenix, Arizona, the nation's fifth largest city. ASU champions intellectual and cultural diversity, and welcomes students from all fifty states and more than one hundred nations across the globe.
ASU is a tobacco-free university. For details visit www.asu.edu/tobaccofree
AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni are encouraged to apply.
Arizona State University is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.
ASU conducts pre-employment screening which may include verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications.
Background Check Statement:
ASU conducts pre-employment screening for all positions which includes a criminal background check, verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications. Employment is contingent upon successful passing of the background check.
Instructions to Apply:
Application deadline is 3:00PM Arizona time on the date indicated.
Application deadline is 3:00pm Arizona time on the day indicated.
Please include all employment information in month/year format (e.g., 6/88 to 8/94), job title, job duties and name of employer for each position.
Resume should clearly illustrate how prior knowledge and experience meets the Minimum and Desired qualifications of this position.
Work reference history information for 3 current and/or former supervisors will be requested at time of interview.
Only electronic applications are accepted for this position.
To apply please go to www.asu.edu/asujobs/ click "External Applicant" under Jobs at ASU, enter Req Id# 49342BR or go directly to https://sjobs.brassring.com/TGnewUI/Search/home/HomeWithPreLoad?PageType=JobDetails&partnerid=25620&siteid=5494&jobid=3734817#jobDetails=3734817_5494