We have an opening for a Telecommunications Installation Repair Technician.
This is a direct hire position with a national telecommunications provider.
Experience with fiber splicing and an OTDR is required.
Please review the general position description and if you would like to know more let us know.
General Position Description:
MOUNTAIN, LTD. has an opening for an Outside Plant Technician I in the Longview, Texas area.
Since 1979, MOUNTAIN, LTD. has successfully created and supported turnkey engineering solutions for traditional and wireless telecom providers across the United States. We are a national leader in the industry, providing high-quality engineering, on-time service delivery, and skilled personnel paired with innovative technology and creative solutions. Specialties include OSP/ISP engineering, design, permitting, right-of-way and CAD for traditional and wireless telecommunications companies.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Assist in the day-to-day tasks associated with outside plant fiber network deployment and operations, including construction management, progress reporting, maintenance and record keeping.
• Assist in preparation and splicing of fiber enclosures, fiber panels, bonds/grounds and test fiber optic equipment to division standards.
• Assist in Perform ring cuts, butt-splices, enter splice cases on live fiber without affecting existing services; both aerial and underground
• Help perform fiber tests with OTDR’s, visible light source and meters.
• Assist in the installation of fiber optic communication equipment and Inside plant patch panels.
• Install aerial and underground enclosures and other fiber related telecom equipment.
• Must have, or develop a working knowledge of the following equipment: fusion splicer, mechanical splicer, OTDR, power meters, cleavers, strippers, buffer tube splitters, cable ring tools, hand tools, ladders, bucket trucks, etc.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Candidate must have a working knowledge of modern Fiber Splicing Techniques for the Telecommunications Industry.
• 1-year fiber optic field splicing experience and knowledge of test equipment
• Valid driver’s license required.
• Must complete I-9 E-verify form; pass a drug screen; pass a background check and complete new hire orientation.