Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science.Advancing medicine.Healing made personal.
Dept- 913 - North Shore Gen Overhead - OFFS
Job Title: Offsite Registered Nurse
Assists physician in rendering care by performing professional nursing functions.
Roles amp; Responsibilities:
- Explains procedures and treatments to patient to gain cooperation, understanding and allay apprehension.
- Administers prescribed medications and treatments in accordance with approved nursing techniques.
- Performs telephone triage. Assesses patients need for appointments and provides medical advice over the telephone.
- Assesses needs of ldquo;walk-inrdquo; patients.
- Observes patient, records significant conditions and reactions and notifies physician of patientrsquo;s condition and reaction to drugs, treatments and significant incidents.
- Initiates a patient education plan according to individualized needs of the patient as prescribed by the physician.
- Admit patients to and recover from units
- Maintains exam room in proper order by assuring that it is clean, neat and well equipped, cleans medical/surgical instruments and maintains supplies at par level.
- Assists physician in examination of patient and with such procedures as endoscopy sigmoidoscopy, IV insertion and performs venipuncture, EKGrsquo;s, takes vital signs and administers immunizations and injections.
- Ensures proper flow of patients into exam rooms by periodically checking with secretarial or Central Registration staff and surveying waiting room. Notifies physician or Office Manager of problems, delays or irregularities in the schedule.
- Calls/escribes prescriptions into pharmacies.
- Documents nursing history and physical assessment and other information as appropriate in the medical record and assists in maintaining the medical record as needed.
- Completes forms requiring pertinent medical data (school form and immunization records).
- Sterilizes instruments and equipment.
- Participates in department or unit quality improvement activities.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Monitor and assists patients in Recovery Room in a PACU setting.
- Obtain consents and History amp; Physicals information from patient and enter the information into Epic.
- Change linens and clean stretchers in a timely manner to maintain patient flow in the Endoscopy Suite.
- Ensure that all soiled linens are placed in biohazard receptacles.
- Must hold a current New York state registered nursing license.
- BSN Degree
- Interpersonal skills sufficient to interact effectively with patients, physicians and other practice personnel.
- Ability to work independently, concentrate and pay attention to detail.
- BCLS/BLScertification required.
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet wersquo;re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinairsquo;s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Who We Are
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Lukersquo;s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.
Shift : Full-time
Primary Location: New York-Greenlawn