The Occupational Therapist performs physical therapy evaluations and treatments as ordered by qualified physicians in accordance with company standards and federal, state, and local standards, guidelines, and regulations to ensure that the highest degree of quality care is maintained at all times.
Care Management and Service Delivery
- Plans, organizes, and develops the operation of the Occupational Therapy department in accordance with federal, state and local standards, guidelines and regulations that govern the facility.
- Initiates contact with physician for orders and treatment plan formulation and/or revision as the patient’s condition requires.
- Participates in the development and implementation of the patient assessments (MDS).
- Recommends modifications or changes in the patients’ Plan of Care based on evaluation of their progress toward the patients goals.
- Educates/instructs/recommends patient, family members and other health team members of the proper techniques, for exercise program, precautions and self care activities to assure safety for caregivers and patient.
- Participates in the interdisciplinary team meeting by exchanging team information on the progress and discharge plan in order to provide the highest level of continuity of care for the patient.
- Participates in the Plan of Care meetings to communicate to patient, family members and patients’ advocate(s) of patient’s progress and discharge plan.
- Initiates therapy screens, as indicated.
- Conducts home visits, when indicated, to guide the patient in the use of therapeutic and self care activities for the purpose of improving function and safety in order to allow patient to return home at their highest level of function.
- Organizes and performs the delivery of Occupational Therapy in accordance with the organization’s productivity standards.
- Ensures that all work areas, treatment areas and equipment are maintained in a clean, sanitary and safe manner.
Administration and Reporting
- Maintains current and accurate patient records through use of computerized chart documentation in accordance with company policies, federal, state, and local guidelines.
People Management and Development
- Supervises Certified Occupational Therapy Assistants.
- Fosters a positive work environment that attracts, retains, and motivates employees.
- Interviews, selects, and orients new direct reports.
- Defines, establishes, and promotes performance expectations so direct reports understand and demonstrate excellence through high quality and consistent performance.
- Evaluates job performance of direct reports in accordance with the company policy and procedure and provides developmental guidance to staff for improved performance and growth.
- Monitors accountability with organization requirements prescribed by the Employee Handbook. Documents and engages employees who are routinely not observing these requirements in an effort to achieve compliance. Works with Human Resources when circumstances arise that necessitate further documentation and intervention.
- Participates in the development, planning, scheduling, conducting, and monitoring of in-service training programs, on-the-job training, and orientation programs for departmental staff.
- Ensures that there is a reasonable and sufficient plan for staffing should a direct report be absent or a direct reporting position be vacant.
- Responds timely and thoughtfully to questions, requests, and work product from departmental staff that has been provided for review and approval.
Quality, Compliance, and Risk Management
- Maintains compliance with all standards, regulations and rules pertinent to services provided.
- Respects confidential information and follows all company policies and procedures.
All other duties as assigned.
- Current unencumbered license for the state of Ohio to practice as an Occupational Therapist (OT) required.
- One year experience as an Occupational Therapist in a hospital, long-term care facility, or home health agency preferred. New graduates welcome.
- Experience in the care of geriatric and occupational therapy patients required.
- Knowledge of treatment modalities.
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
Ohio Living Breckenridge Village is Willoughby’s premier life plan community. Services include long-term nursing care, memory care, short-term rehabilitation, outpatient therapy and assisted living. The campus also offers independent living apartments, ranch homes and brownstones. Most importantly, we’re a company that:
- chooses to operate as a faith-based, not-for-profit organization
- makes its mission the heart of our organization
- has a reputation for consistently exceeding the needs and expectations of those we serve
- provides an engaging, team-oriented workplace dedicated to career, family and faith
- commits to recognizing our employees for a job well done
We’re looking for people who:
- have a passion for helping people, solving problems and contributing to a positive work environment
- are excited about bringing their personal standards and ideals to work each day
- understand that HOW you do your job is just as important as WHAT you do in your job
Why work at Ohio Living Breckenridge Village?
Our residents and employees have access to the Veale Wellness Center, Mahan Cultural Arts Center, and nature trails throughout our park-like campus. Depending on an employee’s full-time, part-time or PRN status, they may benefit from:
- competitive wages
- affordable medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 403b retirement savings
- paid time off including your birthday
- training, continuing education, and education assistance
- pay advances up to $500
- free meals/meal allowance
- the latest technology
- subsidized child care at Clapp Children’s Center
- unlimited career opportunities
- and much more!
Who is Ohio Living?
Headquartered in Columbus, Ohio Living is one of the nation’s largest not-for-profit, multi-site senior living organizations. Since its founding in 1922, Ohio Living has defined the highest standards of quality of life for adults through its 13 life plan communities and Ohio Living Home Health & Hospice.
Our mission is to provide adults with caring and quality services toward the enhancement of
physical, mental and spiritual well-being consistent with the Christian Gospel.
Care • Integrity • Customer Service
Innovation • Financial Stewardship • Leadership