Face to Face Health and Counseling is a non-profit organization dedicated to meeting the needs of youth ages 11–24. We offer health care, counseling, and programs for homeless youth.
The Certified Medical Assistant provides both clinical and administrative functions to ensure quality patient care and efficient operation of the clinic. The primary role of the position is to provide support to Nurse Practitioners and patients through a variety of tasks related to patient care, organization, and communication. The Certified Medical Assistant also provides coverage for the front desk team, as needed, to ensure patients have an efficient and welcoming experience.
This is an on-call position and requires availability during all hours of operation Monday through Friday.
- Provide clinical support to assure time sensitive and smooth clinic flow.
- Assist with rooming and scheduling to determine preventive health or acute care visit.
- Review patient’s health history and presenting concerns/symptoms, and prepare them for exam or visit as indicated.
- Utilize standing orders for appropriate care.
- Administer medications as ordered by providers.
- Record and monitor immunizations with MIIC.
- Follow safe vaccine storage and the documentation process for the Minnesota Vaccine for Children program and UUAV.
- Provide health education on variety of topics including preparation for gynecological exam, STI prevention and treatment, and family planning methods in a nondirective style of education.
- Follow laboratory procedures for specimen handling and processing, test analysis, reporting and maintaining records of patient’s test results.
- Clean and autoclave speculums and clinic instruments.
- Clean and stock exam rooms with supplies daily.
- Provides coverage for the front desk team, as needed, to ensure patients have an efficient and welcoming experience.
- Provides all services guided by the evidence-based principles for helping youth overcome homelessness.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Certification by AAMA at time of employment or within 6 months of hire preferred.
- Graduate of a certified CMA position.
- Minimum of one year of experience in providing patient care and laboratory services in a clinic setting.
- Demonstrated ability to work and communicate effectively with people of diverse ethnic, economic, racial and cultural backgrounds.
- Excellent computer skills. Experience with electronic health records preferred but not required.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Ability to perform the duties outlined in the job description.
- Requires standing and walking for extended periods of time.
- Requires working under stress in emergency situations.
- Exposure to communicable diseases, toxic substances, medicinal preparations, and other conditions common to a clinic environment.
- Requires manual dexterity and coordination sufficient to operate a copier, calculator, telephone, scales, thermometer, and sphygmomanometer; and to administer oral and IM medications.
- Responsibilities may involve occasional lifting of equipment/supplies, usually less than 25 pounds.
Appropriate accommodations for physical demands will be made for individuals with disabilities.
No benefits are offered for this temporary position.
Face to Face is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Diverse groups, including those with disabilities, are encouraged to apply.