Evans Resource Solutions, a leading staffing services provider in the Logistics Industry, is looking for an On Call Freight Sorter in Brownstown area. Freight Sorters are responsible for unloading and organizing freight for delivery. This position requires: accuracy, common sense and physical stamina. The On Call Freight Sorter will cover for employee absences. The On Call Freight Sorter will cover 1 to 2 shifts per week. Shifts are 8 am to 4:30 pm or 5:30 pm to 2 am.
Hourly wage is $14.00.
The On Call Freight Sorter has the opportunity to move into a full time position. Full time positions start at $12 per hour and a $0.50 per hour night shift premium. Medical, dental and optical benefits after 90 days.
- Off load inbound freight by hand.
- Sort product into racks and bins by route and stop.
- Scan freight to verify receipt of goods.
- Complete receiving documents as needed, recording any damage, shorts or overages.
- Clean out trailers to prepare for loading.
- Scan and hand load freight into trailers, verifying route and in order of stop.
- Stack and secure freight to prevent damage.
- Segregate returned and damage freight in returns areas.
- Adhere to all safety procedures to avoid injury.
- High School Graduate or GED.
- 1 year or more in a similar position.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work in a team.
- Excellent attendance.
Please apply at our Corporate office at 18765 Seaway Drive, Melvindale, MI 48122 we accept application Monday thru Friday between 9am and 4pm only or please apply thru our company website at www.EVANSDIST.com/careers.aspx
For more information please contact our Human Resource Department at 313-827-9180.
Jobs are scraped from the URL http://ch.tbe.taleo.net/ rss feed