VOA is a faith based, non-profit organization dedicated to helping individuals, families and communities reach their full spiritual, emotional and physical potential and well-being through a vast array of human services that target the elderly, at risk youth, those striving to overcome substance abuse, those transiting from correctional centers, veterans, homelessness and more.
Essential Job Functions:
- Routinely supervises the overall health, safety, and security of clients/residents/youth.
- Maintain strict client confidentiality as defined by HIPAA policies and 42 CFR regulations.
- Support the organization with maintaining accreditation standards.
- Regularly documents events and client/resident/youth activity which occur during each shift worked. Healthcare Services must have face-to-face contact with each client every hour.
- Monitors client/resident/youth/visitor movements both inside and outside the facility throughout the shift.
- Do periodic inspections (minimum 2 per shift) of facility in regard to cleanliness, health, safety issues and client/resident/youth behavior.
- Understand and adhere to Volunteers of America Northern Rockies policy and procedure regarding Healthcare Service, Milestones Youth Home and The Sheridan Community Shelter.
- Will immediately notify on-call clinician and/or administrative staff of incidents or problems related to clients/residents/youth, visitors, facility or staff.
- Will be responsible for reporting possible chemical use, potential for physical/sexual conflict between two clients/residents/youth.
- Ensures facility cleanliness. Including restrooms, common areas and garbage disposal.
- Will be responsible for performing BAC's and UA's to monitor alcohol and drug use.
- Responsible for transporting clients/residents/youth to and from school, various appointments and meetings in the community.
- Will be responsible for charting the medication that clients/residents/youth report they are taking.
- Ensure that clients/residents/youth observe all fire and other safety measures.
- Periodically performs intakes/searches on all new arrivals.
- Assists in preparation of kitchen area and prepares meals (Milestones/Shelter).
- Will enforce rules and regulations for the clients/residents/youth, at all times being respectful and assertive.
- Assist clients/residents/youth with short-term problem solving and coping skills. Assist Healthcare Services clients in clarification of the 12-steps & principles.
- Secures and inventories personal possessions of clients/residents/youth.
- Ability to work with potentially difficult people in confrontational and/or emergency situations and maintain a professional demeanor at all times.
- Must possess the skills necessary to interact with persons of various social, cultural, economic and educational backgrounds.
- Will enhance professional development through reading, classes, workshops, conferences, in-house training and on-the-job training.
- Attend staff meetings and trainings when required.
- Conduct oneself in a courteous, professional, ethical manner at all times.
- Assume other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Community Shelter Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Washes, dries and folds laundry as necessary for the following day.
- Completes daily shelter-wide wake-up call.
Milestones Youth Home Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Encourages youth to participate in educational, recreational, spiritual and social opportunities.
- Participate in youth related activities during the course of the work day without fatigue.
- Ability to serve as a positive role model for youth.
- Ability to work from the perspective of youth development.
Healthcare Services Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Must be empathetic and have the ability to relate to persons and families affected by the disease of chemical dependency and show an interest in assisting and supporting the clients during all phases of recovery.
- Must have the ability to communicate assertively with clients when necessary.
Physical Demands :
- Ability to move or transfer items through facility generally weighting 0 - 50 pounds.
- Ability to work varying shifts.
- Ability to sit at a computer station for extended periods of time in order to complete essential job functions.
Special Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Effective communication skills, both oral and written.
- Have the ability to work independently and as a team member.
- Ability to regularly and effectively deal with the public.
- Ability to work with tight deadlines under pressure.
- Effective organizational skills.
- Ability to effectively work with a variety of computer software programs including Microsoft Word, Excel, electronic records system (Evolv) and desktop publishing.
- High School diploma or equivalent and a minimum of one year of work experience in a residential setting or other related field.
- Human Services training helpful.
VOANR is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug-Free Workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.